The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

406465104_778139024329158_3968725592435945963_n.jpg

Bron should have already been first in line for the Vegas franchise for what he's done for the league, but him going out of his way to promote/play the IST, it shouldn't even be a question anymore. :lol:

when is the Vegas team happening? Lebron might still be playing and im sure it will be groups that got a bigger bag than him trying to own that team

when is the Vegas team happening? Lebron might still be playing and im sure it will be groups that got a bigger bag than him trying to own that team
I would probably guess 2027.

NBA has to work out the media contract in the next year. It'll probably take a year or two to build up the org after it is officially awarded to the city.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Lakers. They basically dominated the IST from end to end, starting in pool play. Cool for LeBron to have yet another achievement on his already amazing resume.

That said, while the IST was executed well and I was happy with the level of investment in it from the players, it already being over and now resuming NBA business-as-usual for five months has me feeling the weird/cash grab nature of the whole IST concept again.

Maybe they should give the winner of the IST an automatic playoff berth or some kind of seeding advantage so that the title has some relevance when the post-season starts.

Congrats to the Lakers. They basically dominated the IST from end to end, starting in pool play. Cool for LeBron to have yet another achievement on his already amazing resume.

That said, while the IST was executed well and I was happy with the level of investment in it from the players, it already being over and now resuming NBA business-as-usual for five months has me feeling the weird/cash grab nature of the whole IST concept again.

Maybe they should give the winner of the IST an automatic playoff berth or some kind of seeding advantage so that the title has some relevance when the post-season starts.
I do agree it feeling like it came and went so fast. Maybe the group stage should last longer (this what I wanna see) or maybe they should push back the start of it so it’s not over before Christmas or maybe both. But I like this tournament

ADVERTISEMENT​

"The Pelicans have repeatedly stressed to Williamson that his diet and conditioning need to improve," Wrote Pelican insider Christian Clark. "Williamson, multiple team sources have told The Times-Picayune, 'doesn’t listen.'”

"At 6'6" and over 280 pounds, it's unprecedented the kind of weight Williamson is carrying right now and it's no wonder why his body is struggling to stay healthy amid his play for the Pelicans.
Perhaps most concerning of all is that Zion has made no progress in trying to change his habits. Despite detesting all the focus on his conditioning, the Pelicans star refuses to cut down on his weight and it's becoming so bad that some people believe he's intentionally sabotaging his Pelicans tenure"

Sheesh

October - Opening NBA weeks
November - IST group-play
December - IST knockout/chip games, Christmas
January - Trade deadline rumors
Feburary - Trade deadline/All-Star Weekend
March/April - Teams gearing up for playoffs

I wonder if they can extend group-play into December, then maybe have the knockout/chip game in January. Only problem might be if trades impact teams.

It’s so easy to critique and suggest changes to the IST but lettuce calm down after 1 initial showing that has gotten mostly positive feedback.

Attention spans have gotten so bad that an extra tournament still needs moar help along w/ AS break & postszn?

It has to become familiar before you know its failing.

Back
Top Bottom