The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Rubio was like the first European guard to have pre-draft hype. And he had it for like two years before he got drafted.
He’s legitimately been in the spotlight since he was 15, 16 years old.

The hype on his vision was real, wish he had figured out the jumper

To this day, I remember watching his NBA debut live. It was so electric and he legit looked like the 2nd coming on Nash:

The Olympics was peak hype for me. That team was ******* stacked. Bruv looked like a 12 year old out there

Matter of fact ball during that time was just peak in general. Hyperdunks to top it off

Rubio was like the first European guard to have pre-draft hype. And he had it for like two years before he got drafted.
On a Clippers fan site I used to frequent around that time (ClippersTopBuzz) there was a strong (but minority) contingent of folks who wanted the team to take Rubio 1st in the 2009 draft.

• Wow
Reactions: HIM
I remember trying to grow my hair like Rubio but couldn’t because I’m Black.
Don't stop believing
SLglO2C.png

Throwing it back to the rookie Ricky Rubio highlight video I made right after he got injured 😢

Ricky made them T Wolves fun to watch!

You lyin.. :lol: those were the frustrating years. I love Rubio now, but that did not work out. Especially with it being conflated with missing on Jonny Flynn with the very next pick and ESPECIALLY with Steph going right after both. That's all that tenure was reminded of.

He was more fun to watch on the 2nd go around, but team was still meh. It's a shame. Y'all had me bought into the hype before he came over...so, yeah...mostly disappointing.

Rubio didn’t live up to the hype. Not a bust but definitely didn’t deliver.
Had a solid NBA career but yea he wasn't what he was billed as coming out of Europe which was basically a generational talent.

We'd have to wait a few more years to get that in Luka in terms of living up to billing/hype

Rubio had the right play style for the right time…Being a “traditional PG” n fancy passes were still highly valued back then

He did a good job sticking around once he got to the league n the hype was gone tho

Had a solid NBA career but yea he wasn't what he was billed as coming out of Europe which was basically a generational talent.

We'd have to wait a few more years to get that in Luka in terms of living up to billing/hype

Rubio had the right play style for the right time…Being a “traditional PG” n fancy passes were still highly valued back then

He did a good job sticking around once he got to the league n the hype was gone tho
He was getting 40 and 50 balls overseas. He might have had more hype than Luka. He wasn’t a bum but to end up being an 11/7 guy is sort of disappointing. And he was taken ahead of gods son

Rubio was a very good defender, one of his best attributes that don’t really get mentioned

Obviously was able to set people up, and weirdly had a knack for late-game shotmaking (corner 3’s esp) weirdly since his shooting was terrible always until that point.

Remember how important he was for Utah in the 2018 playoffs?

The entire Turkey needs to get it poppin’ with the votes for Sengun. Best player in his class and deserves to be the first all star from there.
They're showing out already :lol:, got more votes than ANT

He definitely deserves a spot imo, the West is so stacked there rn :sick:

Think when Rubio signed with Phoenix was important for Booker and the Suns. Got him an actual PG to help stabilize the team. Then they traded after the bubble. :lol:

This is maybe the last time I’ll be able to bring up how many New York Knicks fans said he’d never play for Minnesota. SO. MANY. Wilson Chandler trade proposals on here :lol:

Back
Top Bottom