The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Brunson > Trae & Hali?

That's where this thread stands or just the Knicks fans.

If I had to pick one of these players to be on my team with would be between Hali and Brunson. Brunson would probably be the safer pick but Hali has the higher ceiling.

There’s really only a small handful of teams that have the assets and would even make the trade for Trash Young.

2 most obvious to me would be…

San Antonio- Gets to play with a generational inside/out big that is a better player than him.

Miami- Joins something already established. They have the picks and salary.

Orlando would be interesting too, but I wonder what Paolo and Franz would look like if you marginalized their roles as creators. That’s a big piece of what makes them good.

I don't see it with the Spurs. They are still far away from being competitive, and blowing their picks to get a guy like Trae doesn't seem like the move.

Heat could make sense but Trae doesn't really seem like a Heat guy (defense first) and the contracts make it kind of hard to work after playing around in trade machine.

Jazz would actually make sense to me, they have the picks to make it work, contracts that fit, and could decide with Lauri and a competitive group they can keep being competitive without mortgaging too much of the future. I doubt Ainge is a Trae guy though so doubt that would happen.

Orlando to me is far and away the most logical fit. Trae walks into a team with the perfect guard next to him (Suggs), long and rangy wings in Banchero and Wagner. They are a top defense but struggle offesnively and for all the Trae hate I think he would make them a lot more dynamic on that end and help Banchero/Wagner more than hurt them.

Last edited:
Trae has been flirting with the Lakers for what feels like forever now.

I just don’t think that’s reciprocal. :lol:

Not happening, but I swear it wasn't a coincidence that Trae showed up to a couple of Laker playoff games last spring.
With the Klutch ties, that's been the rumour but don't see how the Lakers have enough to make it happen. I guess they could trade Reaves/D.Lo and contract filler + draft picks in 26/28 but just feel like that's giving up a decent amount to not move the needle all that much.

Trae has been flirting with the Lakers for what feels like forever now.

I just don’t think that’s reciprocal. :lol:

Who hasn't though. Feel like there's one of these for every top 100 players in the league.

Fw0kOSHaQAUYoBh.jpg:large

With the Klutch ties, that's been the rumour but don't see how the Lakers have enough to make it happen. I guess they could trade Reaves/D.Lo and contract filler + draft picks in 26/28 but just feel like that's giving up a decent amount to not move the needle all that much.
If the Lakers don't trade their future first this deadline and the Pelicans don't take their pick this year, they could do something like 2024, 2029,2031 picks and pick swaps in 2026,2028, 2030 and whatever salaries are needed to match.

Orlando would be interesting too, but I wonder what Paolo and Franz would look like if you marginalized their roles as creators. That’s a big piece of what makes them good.

The fit in Orlando would really be up to Trae. If he's wiling to adjust his game and be useful off ball at times, I can see it working out. Franz and Paolo are the facilitators in that group, it makes them good but there's still a ceiling to their offence. Trae can raise that ceiling but he also needs to adjust his game accordingly.

The fit in Orlando would really be up to Trae. If he's wiling to adjust his game and be useful off ball at times, I can see it working out. Franz and Paolo are the facilitators in that group, it makes them good but there's still a ceiling to their offence. Trae can raise that ceiling but he also needs to adjust his game accordingly.
He’s shown no indication thus far in his career that he’s able or willing to adjust. I’m not saying it can’t happen, but I’d bet against it.

If the Lakers don't trade their future first this deadline and the Pelicans don't take their pick this year, they could do something like 2024, 2029,2031 picks and pick swaps in 2026,2028, 2030 and whatever salaries are needed to match.
Andre-the-giant GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If he leaves it’ll play out like AD where he formally puts in a request, which isn’t happening anytime soon assuming Dejounte is gone by the deadline.

I haven’t watched the Hawks at all. Is Dejounte that much of an upgrade specifically for the Lakers? Is Lebron going to let him do his thing? When the playoffs comes around I don’t see Lebron getting off ball.

This feels like desperation.

Also insanity how the Lakers view Reaves. Seems like the league views him similarly.

White privilege is REAL :lol:

How does the cap work when it comes to Bruce brown coming byke to the nuggets

They couldn’t keep him in the first place due to money but now they can get him byke?

Reminds me of the warriors and Payton to a lesser degree

This is why I never understand the cap lmao

Back
Top Bottom