The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

Bertans was one of the worst contracts in the NBA the moment it was signed, I can speak from Gobert experience.

Might've had the best night aside from the Spurs and maybe Rockets.
Whole thing went from OMG NO ASSETS to having now an actual young core with a variety of skillsets and Luka and a pick still to trade and no real bad money on the roster.

And unlocked full MLE even if Kyrie gets every dollar of the max.

Nico finessed.

Whole thing went from OMG NO ASSETS to having now an actual young core with a variety of skillsets and Luka and a pick still to trade and no real bad money on the roster.

And unlocked full MLE even if Kyrie gets every dollar of the max.

Nico finessed.
Do they get the full MLE after taking on Holmes' contract?

Guess they can clear more room waiving Bullock if necessary.

Timme. The Baylor championship game was an Occam’s Razor for people I think. We will see, not expecting much but not expecting nothing, he’s gonna try to light up but. Eh.

Do they get the full MLE after taking on Holmes' contract?

Guess they can clear more room waiving Bullock if necessary.
Everything I’ve read seems to indicate enough room for Kyrie and still full $12.4 MLE… might necessitate Kyrie taking a slight cut, or waiving Bullock or taking slightly less money back on a Tim trade or dumping McGee, but they can get there fairly easily.

If so, they fixed a hell of a lot of problems in one night.

Last edited:
Well,

here-we-are-lc-duncan.gif

Surprised Timme didn’t get picked based off pedigree alone
Baylor *2, Arkansas, Memphis, UCONN, UCLA and a few other out of conference games against elite out of conference matchups, made him look bad and not athletic at all. All those up and under Kevin McHale pump fakes and mustache celebrations went out the window once Gonzaga left the WCC.

Should have left after fresh of soph year when he still had folks fooled.

Back
Top Bottom