The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

20240122_155125.jpg

Lavine was who I was mainly referencing, but after the Rust debacle, LAL is scared of a third max again. But with his value being so low, they could make it happen. With DLo or AR.

Brogdon
Rozier/M.Bridges
Schroder/Bruce B/GTJ

Alot of players who won't cost the farm but could provide value in that lineup.

Lavine was who I was mainly referencing, but after the Rust debacle, LAL is scared of a third max again. But with his value being so low, they could make it happen. With DLo or AR.

Brogdon
Rozier/M.Bridges
Schroder/Bruce B/GTJ

Thank you lol

All I was asking for

With that said, what are you willing to trade for those guys?

Trying to figure out if Portland and Charlotte wants anything the lakers have

I’m sure brogdon and scary terry are on other teams radars…

Struggling how bruv, I’m just responding to these two posts

What are the better options than Murray that lowery speaks of for the lakers… when he himself said Reaves ain’t even as good an asset as people think?

Sox saying lavine a better fit than murray which is true- but if he ain’t even a realistic option then we back to square one

What’s the issue lol
Back to square one for.. the fans?

Obviously the rumors and Vegas odds suggest that the Lakers are in it for Murray. Everything that’s been leaked and reported over the last week shows that they have no interest in LaVine. The market doesn’t even really have high end options available, and I’d assume that Reaves is still well thought of around the league, especially on his contract.

LaVine’s contract is the big issue. Not what he is as a player.

Lakers have to basically move both DLo and Rui for him and be cool with having a 3rd max, whereas for Dejounte/Brogdon/Rozier/etc you’d only be giving up one of those guys to match salary.

Brogdon
Rozier/M.Bridges
Schroder/Bruce B/GTJ

It’s not even just about Russ. The 3rd max isn’t an effective way to build a roster. Look at how strapped Phoenix is now. The second apron is a killer going forward.

Brogdon has big durability concerns and Miami has much more to offer for Rozier. Does Bruce Brown really solve the Lakers’ problems? I definitely don’t think so

Back to square one for.. the fans?

Obviously the rumors and Vegas odds suggest that the Lakers are in it for Murray. Everything that’s been leaked and reported over the last week shows that they have no interest in LaVine. The market doesn’t even really have high end options available, and I’d assume that Reaves is still well thought of around the league, especially on his contract.
Back to square one with who’s a realistic option to trade to the lakers outside of Murray

… but lowery already answered with other names which is what I was asking to begin with

LaVine’s contract is the big issue. Not what he is as a player.

Lakers have to basically move both DLo and Rui for him and be cool with having a 3rd max, whereas for Dejounte/Brogdon/Rozier/etc you’d only be giving up one of those guys to match salary.
If the lakers only have to give up one of ratsull and rui to get any of those 3 guys that’s crazy smh

There’s got to be better packages out there

Philly and Miami I’d imagine are gonna be in on a lot of these guys too. And they both have easily movable salaries and more picks.

OKC can come off the top rope with picks for any of those guys as well.

If the lakers only have to give up one of ratsull and rui to get any of those 3 guys that’s crazy smh

There’s got to be better packages out there
That’s just the salary matching. Gonna have to give up that pick too. That’s the actual value.

Speaking of Lavine

He also says the feeling around the league is that DDR gets traded before Lavine since he's a FA at the end of the season unlike Lavine who resigned not even 2 years ago.

He'd have to be the guy for the Lakers actually worth getting rid of AR and assets for if he's available for me. Lavine doesn't help them as much

Speaking of Lavine

He also says the feeling around the league is that DDR gets traded before Lavine since he's a FA at the end of the season unlike Lavine who resigned not even 2 years ago.

He'd have to be the guy for the Lakers actually worth getting rid of AR and assets for if he's available for me. Lavine doesn't help them as much

That's my only red flag about Zach he stay hurt. He's like a ball brother with the ankles and knees.

Philly and Miami I’d imagine are gonna be in on a lot of these guys too. And they both have easily movable salaries and more picks.

OKC can come off the top rope with picks for any of those guys as well.
Doesn’t sound like OKC is going to do anything of note, other than maybe around the edges. Don’t really blame them other than getting a backup big.

I am of the mind that LaVine's value is so low he might not even fetch a first rounder back because that contract is so bad. But I think the Bulls take him into the summer and figure it out.

Speaking of Lavine

DDR not a great fit. AD/Bron have spacing issues as AD doesn't shoot 3s, and Bron not exactly a sharpshooter. Add in DDR and you have a championship team in the 90s, but not in the pace and space era we're in now.

The Heat are the latest team getting thrown into the mix for him in exchange for a homecoming for Lowry :lol:

Thank you lol

All I was asking for

With that said, what are you willing to trade for those guys?

Trying to figure out if Portland and Charlotte wants anything the lakers have

I’m sure brogdon and scary terry are on other teams radars…

Pretty sure me and a few others (maybe you included) had this conversation a week or so ago, but everything and everyone outside of Bron/AD would be on the table. Many LAL fans feel the same, others don't.

It’s not even just about Russ. The 3rd max isn’t an effective way to build a roster. Look at how strapped Phoenix is now. The second apron is a killer going forward.

Brogdon has big durability concerns and Miami has much more to offer for Rozier. Does Bruce Brown really solve the Lakers’ problems? I definitely don’t think so

That's just it. I think that's the territory LAL has to get to. The really don't have many other choices. 3rd max or bust. Unless they can get multiple pieces like the players I listed (preferable but not likely). You've got this season and maybe 1 more before it all goes away. A lot of people are on the building for the future tip. But you can't really go for it, while simultaneously building for the future. It never works.

They ain't making the trade so it's pointless. But CHI wants to salary dump Lavine. Only reason I liked the move. A player of his caliber, fit and age next to Bron/AD doesn't just pop up in trade talks and certainly not at this price. You give them AR and they might even give you more value coming back.

It will likely be a few small moves made to keep future flexibility. If LAL doesn't move that 2029 1st, they'll have the potential to move three 1sts and three swaps this summer. Along with Vando becoming trade eligible and some expirings, etc. But can they afford to wait while Bron/AD getting another year older? Wil Bron/AD stick around if the front office stays pat while they're still a top 10 duo?

Craziest thing is that the Lakers already had all the **** they’re looking for on their team a couple years ago :lol:

KCP, Caruso, and Kuzma were all great fits. Among others.

Facts.

I'll never understand breaking up the championship team. Bubble or not you run that squad back.

Then making the russ deal set them all the way back.

I wouldn't touch Lavine with a 10 ft pole. Not on that deal.

Murray is the deal. I know some see it as lateral move, but D.lo seems to disappear in playoff games and was unplayable vs the Nuggets in the WCF.

Obviously Murray doesn't have the best playoff record either but maybe he is better being the third option than second. I don't know.

But I would rather move from D.lo now since he has a player option this summer. If we are able to move him for Murray, we have Murray locked up for 3 years on a decent deal.

If we don't move D.lo, we could possibly lose him for nothing.

Last edited:
Craziest thing is that the Lakers already had all the **** they’re looking for on their team a couple years ago :lol:

KCP, Caruso, and Kuzma were all great fits. Among others.
Absolutely insane by Pelinka. They panicked after they had a quick exit in 2021 because of their own injuries, but yea they had the perfect roster with flexibility and versatility :lol:
Add Malik Monk to the list too. Front office strategy is basically keep AD/Bron and reshuffle the rest every year
Didn’t have his Bird rights.

Back
Top Bottom