The Official NBA Season Thread: Puerto Rico vs Serbia at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

Examples of trainers/coaches actively tricking off a player? Players switching hands and getting worse?

Zhaire had a nut allergy. Lost 40 pounds. He hasnt been able to stick because he probably wasn’t that good in the first place.

Fultz denied an injury causing his shooting (could be contract related). The MRIs showed everything was clean. His trainer said it was the "yips"

Tristan Thompson FTs comes to mind. A trainer tried to change Mikal Bridges form, vids of it had plenty of backlash during the draft. Then he denied he's tweaking his form.

There are others just cant think off the top of my head now.

Embiid was projected to go #1. Maxey I'll give them credit on (crazy it came from the Fultz trade). They butchered their picks more often than not.

Fultz denied an injury causing his shooting. The MRIs showed everything was clean. His trainer said it was the "yips"

Tristan Thompson FTs comes to mind. A trainer tried to change Mikal Bridges form, vids of it had plenty of backlash during the draft. Then he denied he's tweaking his form.

There are others just cant think off the top of my head now.

Embiid was projected to go #1. Maxey I'll give them credit on. They butchered their picks more often than not.
TT switched hands but they didn’t do him a disservice. He’s a fan. I don’t remember anything about bridges but vassell was trolling.

Fultz is still a mystery but I don’t think that was organizational. He played well in summer league prior to whatever happened to him. Just not blaming the 6ers for Simmons and Fultz considering they haven’t fixed their issues in new locations.

TT switched hands but they didn’t do him a disservice. He’s a fan. I don’t remember anything about bridges but vassell was trolling.

Fultz is still a mystery but I don’t think that was organizational. He played well in summer league prior to whatever happened to him. Just not blaming the 6ers for Simmons and Fultz considering they haven’t fixed their issues in new locations.

You're right it was Vassell. I'm thinking of the Bridges hitch in Phoenix.

Specifically with Simmons I think mentally somewhere everything went downhill in Philly. I'm blaming both the organization and the player here.

He shoots jumpers in every closed gym open run with NBA players, but refuses to take them for the past 5+ seasons regardless of what team he's on.

The whole thing doesnt make sense.

You're right it was Vassell. I'm thinking of the Bridges hitch in Phoenix.

Specifically with Simmons I think mentally somewhere everything went downhill in Philly. I'm blaming both the organization and the player here.

He shoots jumpers in every closed gym open run with NBA players, but refuses to take them for the past 5+ seasons regardless of what team he's on.

The whole thing doesnt make sense.
He was cooked when he didn’t want to dunk on Trae young. He was afraid to get fouled. His controller stays vibrating. Even without a jumper, he could be a poor mans Giannis but he doesn’t want to be great. It is what it is.

Him shooting jumpers in pickup is like when Mitchell Robinson plays PG at lifetime fitness.

I think the "process" was pretty well done, just didn't work out for whatever reason. "FEDS" should have been a decent young core.
Winning it all is hard. You need multiple great players, complimented by solid role players, health and some good luck.

I agree the Sixers in the “process” era were constructed well enough to have a chance at a title. If they got by the Raptors in 2019 instead of the other way around, who knows?

Not even close though. Simmons has been shooting jumpers his whole life at every level until he got to the Sixers. It was legitimately part of his game.
He shot 11 mid range jumpers at LSU. Only 3 3s. He was 2-10 in summer league. He took 10 jumpers his rookie year.

He’s never wanted to shoot.

All bias aside, the Process was a failure. It was a historic tank that had the NBA change its draft rules.

Started in 2013...its been a decade plus
7 Lotto picks
4 top 3 picks (twice #1)
Zero ECF/Finals appearances

He shot 11 mid range jumpers at LSU. Only 3 3s. He was 2-10 in summer league. He took 10 jumpers his rookie year.

He’s never wanted to shoot.

Watched a Youtube LSU highlight reel of him. I swear they included all those 11 jumpers. Had me feining for more.

He's wild for not ever wanting to shoot.

Watched a Youtube LSU highlight reel of him. I swear they included all those 11 jumpers. Had me feining for more.

He's wild for not ever wanting to shoot.
Highlights will tell you Bryce James got busy at peach jam, too.

Simmons though. Even if he couldn’t shoot, he’s afraid of the foul line. Giannis has his moments but most of the time he knows what he’s getting himself into attack the basket. No excuses for Simmons. He could be a 20 ppg without a jumper.

Winning it all is hard. You need multiple great players, complimented by solid role players, health and some good luck.

I agree the Sixers in the “process” era were constructed well enough to have a chance at a title. If they got by the Raptors in 2019 instead of the other way around, who knows?

I strongly disagree. Joel Embiid had 5(!) GMs throughout his career. The league force fed the Sixers Colangelo, then when he was fired, ownership promoted a yes man (Brand) who undid everything in the matter of a summer.

The Sixers never had a chance.

I strongly disagree. When Joel Embiid had 5(!) GMs throughout his career. The league force fed the Sixers Colangelo, then when he was fired, ownership promoted a yes man (Brand) who undid everything in the matter of a summer.

The Sixers never had a chance.
They have a chance now

There were signs that something was off with Ben during his season at LSU. Some of the draft gurus saw it early.

IMG_3691.jpeg

IMG_3692.jpeg

IMG_3693.jpeg

IMG_3694.jpeg

IMG_3695.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom