The Official NBA Season Thread: Puerto Rico vs Serbia at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

@Mister Meaner hes ready for another great knicks season🔥
Screenshot_20230702_082811_Instagram.jpg
Did he get a haircut during takeoff?

with the way the nba cap increases each season and brooks’ contract being front loaded, it’s not a terrible deal for the rockets. by the time green and sengun are seeking rookie extensions, brooks’ salary takes up a considerably smaller % of the cap

seems like a low risk for someone who Ime can hopefully turn into a marcus smart-like player

They must think they're in the NFL and not the NBA talking like this :lol:

It's their hail mary attempt at squeezing the max they can get but they're not fooling anyone fronting like they won't give Dame what he wants in the end.

The negative future ramifications for them as a franchise and their rep around the league would be much worse than whatever value they'd miss out for him if that's how they play things.

No other teams are gonna be offering the house/crazy assets/young stars for a 33 year old taking up 63M over the next 2 years who's already made it very clear he only wants to go to one place.

They must think they're in the NFL and not the NBA talking like this :lol:

It's their hail mary attempt at squeezing the max they can get but they're not fooling anyone fronting like they won't give Dame what he wants in the end.

The negative future ramifications for them as a franchise would be much worse than whatever value they'd miss out for him if that's how they play things
They would get him somewhere he's somewhat content with in this scenario and could be talked into. They aren’t going to like dump him on the Hornets or something lol.

Probably more of a call to the Heat to pay up already. I'm sure they are trying to play games.

I think Portland does have some obligation to do right by Lillard.

They don't have to accept any offer right now but sending him to San Antonio or something is not a good look for the franchise.

2 years from now

Thompson
Green
Brooks/whitmore
Smith jr/Eason
Sengun

Hopefully Green is a borderline all star. Sengun is as good as sabonis. You look like todays kings. It’s a win

YOU SEE THE VISION.

I was in on the Rockets rebuild coming into last season and now I am sold with the Ime signing, the draft and free agency. Most of the longer rebuilds of the past ~15 years have been unsuspected when you look at how the Warriors, Bucks and Suns came into the scene.

I talked about it a week or two ago and even with the Sixers rebuild (which all things considered, I believe was successful but we can talk about that another day) they only had 6 FRPs and only hit in 2 (Embiid and Simmo) and missed on TWO #2 picks!! So there isn’t really a science to rebuilding, a FO just has to stick to their strategy and hope for a bit of luck.

For example, hindsight is 20/20 but the Dubs really goofed with their two timelines/lightyears/compete while rebuilding strategy. Should have doubled down on competing but at least they were elite enough to still squeak a title out of it. A franchise like Portland should not be trying to do that right now :lol:

The negative future ramifications for them as a franchise and their rep around the league would be much worse than whatever value they'd miss out for him if that's how they play things.
I don't really think so. They aren't going to complete **** him over as he'll be sent to a contender at minimum. Blazers will be largely off the radar for a few years. People forget things.

It's likely a bit of a smokescreen as well.

Outside of Myrie, what's the last superstar that didn't end up where he wanted to get traded to?

really who is going to give in first between heat and portland.
if im portland, i am keeping dame and just sitting him out and keeping him away from the team until the right trade comes. portland can afford to take some Ls since they are rebuilding.
i do think this trade will get done sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom