The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Puerto Rico at 11:15 | Serbia vs South Sudan at 3

GTwdvFoWsAA7TZg.jpeg

DFSN77UXUAAWG7m.jpg

Umar loves some damn Rasheed. :lol:

Interesting comments on JB

I skipped around a watched some parts of this

He says so many stupid things. Two that stuck out to me

-Jaylen Brown not being on team USA is some sort of Jewish conspiracy

-Tank Davis is gonna go down at greater pound for pound boxer than Floyd Mayweather.

2028 is gonna be a headache. LA traffic, plus so may celebs and fans are gonna be everywhere. I may go to scratch it off my bucket list though. Let me start saving now lol

Simmons has just never really cared about playing basketball. It was clear in his college season, he refuses to play for his home country, he uses every excuse to sit out games. He was just a talented dude who had quick flashes of potential. Wasted talent, but it's all on his mindset.

He really had all the tools and the team to become great. What a disappointment. :smh:

I went to University of Houston to see Ben Simmons play back in 2015 when he was at LSU. The hype was so high that me and my bro went to check him out. Never been more disappointed in a top prospect in my life. He looked like he didn't even want to be there, and wasn't even impactful tbh. That was a early sign that he just aint a competitor like that. Only thing that was impressive was his frame and size. Dude was definitely born to play in the NBA from a physical talent standpoint.

Sidenote its hilarious how media hypes up a new prospect and call them the "most hyped prospect since..." whoever is good. Because they never bring up Ben Simmons, Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins etc.. ESPN and other outlets all hyped these guys up just like Wemby, Zion, and Cooper. Those dudes just didn't pan out. Jay Bilias was super high on Ben Simmons a year before he was even drafted.

Simmons was different at LSU. Dude was taking plenty of jumpers.

Idk if I blame Philly staff or their players, but something happened along the way that sent everything downhill.

This situation and Fultz happening within the same franchise is bizarre

Idk if I blame Philly staff or their players, but something happened along the way that sent everything downhill.

Yeah the Fultz thing was bizarro world

Same org saw Maxey and Embiid expand their games. Fultz got hurt. Simmons got paid. Organization has nothing to gain by limiting a player they’ve invested millions into. especially a city like phillyy

Same org saw Maxey and Embiid expand their games. Fultz got hurt. Simmons got paid. Organization has nothing to gain by limiting a player they’ve invested millions into. especially a city like phillyy

There are situations where trainers/coaching staff that try to fix broken jumpers or tell players not to shoot and break the players jumper even more. Dudes start shooting with the opposite hand listening to these "trainers"

Hard to put it all on Simmons to completely decide not to take a jumper ever again. Mentally screwed himself, but feel like there was some influence there

Then there's that whole Zhaire Smith situation

There are situations where trainers/coaching staff that try to fix broken jumpers or tell players not to shoot and break the players jumper even more. Dudes start shooting with the opposite hand listening to these "trainers"

Hard to put it all on Simmons to completely decide not to take a jumper ever again. Mentally screwed himself, but feel like there was some influence there

Then there's that whole Zhaire Smith situation
Examples of trainers/coaches actively tricking off a player? Players switching hands and getting worse?

Zhaire had a nut allergy. Lost 40 pounds. He hasnt been able to stick because he probably wasn’t that good in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom