The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

J Kidd now gotta be up there on the coaching/player list.

Also feel as time goes along he has became very underrated as a player because he doesn't have the type of highlights that excite fans of the "bag"
Another good choice. They were really trying to play him in Milwaukee like he was some terrible coach, but I really think he installed a lot of confidence in Giannis early, as far as him being comfortable with the ball in his hands and stuff.

Kidd needs a few more “mango seasons” as we say in Florida. Kerr, Doc and Carlisle have the mantle right now.

Kid wins 2+ rings and he’s out of here though. He has to win the chip

I never understood why J Kidd was always on the chopping block. That Milwaukee championship lowkey is his.

I remember there was a bigggg issue about him letting Giannis play point-forward. Damn near all sports publications and media took issue. A few years later Giannis was a MVP and champion.

Kidd put the ball in his hands and let him run the show

J Kidd now gotta be up there on the coaching/player list.

Also feel as time goes along he has became very underrated as a player because he doesn't have the type of highlights that excite fans of the "bag"
Another good choice. They were really trying to play him in Milwaukee like he was some terrible coach, but I really think he installed a lot of confidence in Giannis early, as far as him being comfortable with the ball in his hands and stuff.
I think he's a replacement level coach, but he does have command of the team and installs a level of belief. He doesn't really have to worry about the offense with Luka and Kyrie there. And Sweeney does a great job scheming the team defense.

People in this thread wanted Kidd fired as recently as this season. Mavs fans included. People just don’t have patience for coaches.

JJ Reddick def maxed out as a player. He really turned himself into a high level role player. Hes a below average nba athlete at 6’4 and a negative wingspan. He turned that into a 15 year career.

Became a passable / smart team defender , decent on reads enough to make plays and above all was an elite elite shooter.

I wonder if him being white is the reason why addict4sneakers addict4sneakers keeps over inflating his generic career.
That’s one theory. Or maybe he’s more accounting for the fact the average NBA career only lasts 4.5 years, so someone lasting 15 years while averaging double figures and an top 3 point shooting percentage did something far more players - of any race/ethnicity - don’t.

I think he's a replacement level coach, but he does have command of the team and installs a level of belief. He doesn't really have to worry about the offense with Luka and Kyrie there. And Sweeney does a great job scheming the team defense.
Idk who does it but the floor a lot of times is properly spaced.

Roll man, Kyrie or Luka first pass out on iso’s. DJJ on the opposite corner and PJ always looking for his spot on the perimeter . The play well on feel as a team

I wonder if him being white is the reason why addict4sneakers addict4sneakers keeps over inflating his generic career.
I’m the reason why you found your blackness DCALLAMERICAN

IMG_0406.gif

Yea, I don't think J Kidd is the worlds greatest X & O's guys but he's probably one of the best locker room voices you can possibly have. He was really the leader of the redeem team in '08 and clearly has a voice with players that I'm not sure someone who didn't have his level of career success can really have. Probably the most invaluable coaching trait.

Kidd needs a few more “mango seasons” as we say in Florida. Kerr, Doc and Carlisle have the mantle right now.

Kid wins 2+ rings and he’s out of here though. He has to win the chip

I never understood why J Kidd was always on the chopping block. That Milwaukee championship lowkey is his.

I remember there was a bigggg issue about him letting Giannis play point-forward. Damn near all sports publications and media took issue. A few years later Giannis was a MVP and champion.

Kidd put the ball in his hands and let him run the show
The defense was too aggressive and the offense was messy. Not a coincidence that once Bud got there, he cleaned things up and the team leveled up.

I think there was an issue of his agency having too much influence in Milwaukee too.

Back
Top Bottom