The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

Year in and year out there are millions of people who are trying to take that man's job and couldn't. Even within the confines of the NBA/pro basketball there are hundreds of people who were trying to take that man's job/his minutes but couldn't. We gotta be serious.

I mean, none of those guys respected him :lol:. That was a huge issue with him coaching in the league

He got set up to fail by their front office imo (not necessarily intentionally).

Hoiberg was a great offensive coach with a system that relied on spacing and three point shooting; yet after the first year, the front office went and got Wade, Rondo, and MCW in free agency to pair with Butler. None of which could consistently hit outside shots.

Combine that with D-Rose’s departure leading to Jimmy wanting it to be his team while an aging D Wade came back to the city expecting to be the guy, and it was a nasty combination that would’ve sunk about any coach.

After that 16/17 team struggled, they blew up the roster and Hoiberg never had a chance. Go look at that 17/18 roster - basically a current Pistons type roster (especially with Lavine hurt most of that season).

2,100 Russell Westbrook Fashion Stock Photos, High-Res ...

IMB_DVP7EZ.gif

IMB_DVP7EZ.gif

IMB_DVP7EZ.gif

If someone went from being an all-time college basketball player to being a high level role player on contending teams then it’s kinda hard to say that they peaked in college. JJ was probably in the top 1/3 of the best players in the world during the peak of his NBA career. That’s really damn good.

Dude was not a high level role player. He was just that, a role player. Top 1/3 of the best players in the world at his peak in the NBA? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Y’all a trip. Tobias Harris gets all the criticism in the world and he gets accused for being average in here all the time.

Like I said, as far as INDIVIDUAL/PERSONAL accolades, JJ Redick peaked in college, where he won all his hardware. Won absolutely nothing in the NBA.

Was a bench player his first 6-7 years and never even finished top 10 as a 6th man. His best finish was 14th.

“Top 1/3 of the best players in the world” :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elite shooter. Below average at everything else in his career.

2 rebs, 2 ast and 0.4 steals per game :lol: :lol:

I thought I was done talking about buddy. He’s Kyle Korver, Dell Curry, Seth Curry, Spencer Dinwiddie.

No one came to see him play.

In film study, coaches were pointing him out as the defensive liability.

Talking about dude like he was Tony Parker or Steve Nash

Year in and year out there are millions of people who are trying to take that man's job and couldn't. Even within the confines of the NBA/pro basketball there are hundreds of people who were trying to take that man's job/his minutes but couldn't. We gotta be serious.

… and hundreds of guys took his job his first 7 years as a bench player after having been a lottery pick. Didn’t start full-time until he was 30 and subsequently retired after 35 when another set of 100+ Players started taking his job.

If Jerry West and Cousy played against plumbers, Kobe, Kawhi and LeBron played against plumbers (JJ Redick) as well :lol:

After Steph Curry and Co’ changed the mindset about 3 point shooting after about 2013/2014, It was ironic that dude became more of a contributor. With the advent of floor spacing, 3 and D guys and bigs shooting, and shooting 3s at a high volume became a thing, he somehow was able to fit it in better.

Because it was looking ugly for him from 2006-2012

Last edited:
Feel like its just different ways of looking at it.

JJ is probably a top 15 or so player from like the last 40 years of college basketball. And played at a time where the sport was FAR more popular.

While he didn’t maintain the same level of success against his peers that he did when he was in school, he still ended up having an incredibly long career and played on several really good teams. If you’re having THAT kind of pro career I have a really hard time believing he “peaked” prior to it.

Somebody like Psycho T, who is probably a bit higher on that college list only had half of JJ’s pro career years-wise and less than 1/3 of the minutes played. Could see the peaked argument being a little more valid for someone like that.
What kind of career is that? NBA journeyman /role player? Compared to being one of the best CBB players of this century? Nah he peaked in college. He’s not different than Christian Latner

Reddick done tricked y’all ****** too I see. Please tell me what season this man was a high level role player please. High level? Man that dude has a few solid years but y’all tweakin. Hinchrich was better than JJ Reddick. Clippers years was cool. Y’all acting like he was Ray Allen or somethin

Dude was not a high level role player. He was just that, a role player. Top 1/3 of the best players in the world at his peak in the NBA? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Y’all a trip. Tobias Harris gets all the criticism in the world and he gets accused for being average in here all the time.

Like I said, as far as INDIVIDUAL/PERSONAL accolades, JJ Redick peaked in college, where he won all his hardware. Won absolutely nothing in the NBA.

Was a bench player his first 6-7 years and never even finished top 10 as a 6th man. His best finish was 14th.

“Top 1/3 of the best players in the world” :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elite shooter. Below average at everything else in his career.

2 rebs, 2 ast and 0.4 steals per game :lol: :lol:

I thought I was done talking about buddy. He’s Kyle Korver, Dell Curry, Seth Curry, Spencer Dinwiddie.

No one came to see him play.

In film study, coaches were pointing him out as the defensive liability.

Talking about dude like he was Tony Parker or Steve Nash
Those are high level role players and you not knowing the true definition of that is whooping yo ***

IMG_6066.gif

2x ACC POY, 2x All American, Nesmith and Wooden Award, Duke Legend

NBA….? What’d he accomplish individually? :lol: :rofl:

99% of the players he was torching in the NCAA arent NBA material.

If he didnt improve as a player, he'd have a 4 year career and be in China.

Reddick done tricked y’all ****** too I see. Please tell me what season this man was a high level role player please. High level? Man that dude has a few solid years but y’all tweakin. Hinchrich was better than JJ Reddick. Clippers years was cool. Y’all acting like he was Ray Allen or somethin
IMG_8332.jpeg

Those look like some high level role player seasons while shooting 40% from 3

JJ top 20 all-time in 3 pt makes & %

Eh, he would have been the Lakers coach now had he stayed after Frankie V got let go.
Regardless of what folks think about him, he had too many players and other coaches ready to vouch for him for there not to have been another opportunity somewhere.

Reactions: HIM
Those are high level role players and you not knowing the true definition of that is whooping yo ***

IMG_6066.gif

Whooping what? A role player is just that a ROLE player. He was drafted 11th overall. A lottery pick. He wasn’t drafted to be a role player. He was drafted to be a difference maker, an all-star, earn some type of individual accolade based off his positioning….

Ended up being JAG who only became a starter once volume 3 point shooting became important, ironically

Regardless of what folks think about him, he had too many players and other coaches ready to vouch for him for there not to have been another opportunity somewhere.

It was the optics of the whole domestic situation that kept him from getting the job and having to be an assistant in the first place. I get it, but Lakers once again goofed on a coaching situation that could have rectified the Lue blunder.

He was solid. Great shooter. Couldn’t stop a cold on defense. But that wasn’t his game. I’ll give him solid but nothing about him was high level other than his shooting.

99% of the players he was torching in the NCAA arent NBA material.

If he didnt improve as a player, he'd have a 4 year career and be in China.

99%? Lies again. He played in the ACC conference which is the elite of elite In collegiate basketball.

Y’all just hate the fact that he peaked at Duke :lol:

He was solid. Great shooter. Couldn’t stop a cold on defense. But that wasn’t his game. I’ll give him solid but nothing about him was high level other than his shooting.
Give him credit for being able to defend Ray Allen and James Harden, somehow .

Dude had soap in his socks :lol: :lol:

Like I said, he scored 12ppg and gave up 20-25+ on a nightly basis :lol:

Didn’t rebound, pass, deflect passes or steal.

Jrue Holiday is a HIGH LEVEL role player since dudes want to talk. Derrick White, Manu, etc. Robert Horry. Redick is nowhere near.

Sam Cassell, etc

Back
Top Bottom