The Official NBA Summer League Thread

I haven't watched a lot of summer league, but does it seem like the announcers are being really negative and critical? Certainly they shouldn't try to ignore these players' faults, but there's a reason they're playing right now.. they're either rookies/young guys or they're trying to get a roster spot.

Hey_

Jeffery Taylor really impressing me.

A much better version of Thabo Sefolosha.

Julius F. Wrek

TRob has been settling for the jump shot too often. MKG looks as advertised, far more polished than TRob. Whenever he develops a jump shot its GO.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I haven't watched a lot of summer league, but does it seem like the announcers are being really negative and critical? Certainly they shouldn't try to ignore these players' faults, but there's a reason they're playing right now.. they're either rookies/young guys or they're trying to get a roster spot.

its the bobcats and the kings. its kind of hard to find many positives to say about either team

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Throb is pissing me off.

Playing like dog @$%!, taking horrible shot, dude thinks he's bron handling the ball on the break. Dudes gotta stay in his lane.

jimmer fredette  is looking crazy out there 
ohwell.gif
 it's not his fault tho sacramento pick him Wayyyy to high
T Rob and Demarcus cousins in the post together will be interesting to see how that mix will work out

MKG & bradley beal  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Who in particular? I view it as a time where you don't need to sugar coat things like they would have to do during the season. Yea you are right, they are there for a reason and I think it is their job to let us know what those reasons are.

Impressive first half by MKG and the entire Bobcats team

TRob just needs to calm down and play his game

I don't see Jimmer lasting long in the league

Rick Fox, "Rick--- Fox" is calling the Bobcats- Kings game with Steve Kerr right now. I don't think he has been particularly negative. Rick Kamla and 3Deezy where the day they called it though.

Anybody see TRob just do a shamgod but not really go anywhere with it?

jimmer looks like he has no confidence out there. he had a couple nice drives to the basket in the 1st half.

i don't think it helps him that thomas robinson is trying to channel his inner lebron james out there

Jimmer gotta learn to turn the corner on the pick and roll, and stop picking up the ball early or he's just a bench player.

Give them credit for not having used the word "motor" in description of Gilchrist, but Rick Fox, Rick--- Fox, just predicted MKG will lead the league in steals next season, not rookies, the league.

you might as well call sacramento Team YOLO next season.

tyreke
thomas robinson
DMC
marcus thornton

no one is passing the ball on that team

It might not even take an injury and being buried on the bench of the best team in the league for Jimmer to disappear like Morrison did.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

tyreke
thomas robinson
DMC
marcus thornton

I really hate the construction of that team. It is like whoever put that team together gets excited over rec league games. No type of fit there.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

tyreke
thomas robinson
DMC
marcus thornton

Just like last season. And TRob now has 9 turnovers.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Who in particular? I view it as a time where you don't need to sugar coat things like they would have to do during the season. Yea you are right, they are there for a reason and I think it is their job to let us know what those reasons are.
agreed.  if GMs sugar-coat everything the players will never improve and always be fringe players.  Look at what they did to Gerald Green.  He had a bunch of hype, GMs bring him back down to earth. and he , as a result, develops as a player.  He just got a nice contract.  And he was playing here last year.

Back
Top Bottom