The Official NBA Season Thread: Lakers Hire JJ Redick

They traded CP3 in 2020 after the bubble so it’s only been two drafts (2021 - Giddey and 2022 - Chet). It really just feels a lot longer…which might be a testament to how those Rust-led teams are remembered :lol:

Damn...time in OKC is distorted.

I asked myself this same question earlier. It’s weird and datznasty datznasty can correct me but it seems like they were only tanking for two seasons (they made the playoffs 10 out of 11 seasons prior) but it seems/feels MUCH longer for some reason :lol: Maybe because they have been collecting assets for a minute?
Fam we was in the playoffs just 2 years ago. But as far as Sam Presti’s collecting assets, its just what he has to do when we lose a star. Look at rhe talent that has come through OKC

Kd
Harden
Westbrook
Sabonis
Jerami Grant
Oladipo
in terms off All Stars

I'd like to see what they would look like with Lonzo back. They were the #1 seat last year until he got hurt. Lavine is not 100% healthy either and it shows. Coby and Patrick Williams have disappointing careers so far but I wonder if it's them or if it's on their player development. Wendell Carter played much better in Orlando and is currently outplaying Vuc.

I personally think they should be patient until everyone is healthy again. Might make some marginal moves like trading Coby, even Vuc for a defensive Center.

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 2.31.32 PM.png

That team is and always was mid. They were just a cool feel good story...largely due to DDR.

The Wizards were the "#1 seed" for like a month too :lol:

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 2.31.32 PM.png

That team is and always was mid. They were just a cool feel good story...largely due to DDR.

The Wizards were the "#1 seed" for like a month too :lol:

That's fair. I feel like if they sell now, Lavine is at a low value compared to him when he was fully healthy. Vuc will be on a contract year next year so it might be easier to ship him then, same with Derozan, but I am not sure what teams will be interested in his services or where he will fit in given his play style and age.

Also, they have no incentive to tank this year since that pick belongs to Orlando. Unless they get a haul for Lavine (they won't) they may be better off being patient this year and at least wait for the return of Lonzo and re-strategize in the offseason.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat SneakerProSr. SneakerProSr.

What you guys doing with the Wood situation? Listened to Skin and McMahon talk about it last night...

Mavs open to 2-year deal and apparently not willing at all to stretch to the full 4...
Luka doing legendary things while he’s not even in his hypothetical prime and Christian Wood comes to me asking for a 4 year deal instead of a 2 year knowing damn well I only have have four more guaranteed years of Luka?
1672435072939.gif

Luka doing legendary things while he’s not even in his hypothetical prime and Christian Wood comes to me asking for a 4 year deal instead of a 2 year knowing damn well I only have have four more guaranteed years of Luka?
1672435072939.gif
I think there’s a reasonable case to be made for “everyone’s available” and borderline tanking being the right play.

I think there’s a reasonable case to be made for “everyone’s available” and borderline tanking being the right play.

I am probably one of the biggest proponents of tanking on this board but in the situation when you have a Top 5 Guy/MVP Candidate at the least…idk.

First off, if I’m Luka or his management team and I see they locked up significant money as well as flexibility through the length of my contract by signing Christian Wood then I would either question Cuban’s seriousness, secretly be all in on Christian Wood or the third wild options which is that I’m forcing my way out by having the FO make wild moves that I can fall back on as an excuse…but I’ve been watching too many movies lately to believe the third :lol:

It’s kind of funny but right now between the Lakers and Mavs situations that you need to maintain flexibility in order or acquire cap space to get the pieces you need which make the Rust trade even more perplexing.

1. Get off Lavine for young player + assets
  2. Get off Derozan for expiring + assets
  3. Get off Vuc for assets
  4. Give the Warriors Alex Caruso for James Wiseman
  5. Get off Coby White for whatever you can
  6. Tell Lonzo to stay home and rest
  7. Let Pat Williams, Ayo, Terry have a green light for the rest of the year and finish bottom 5
  8. Pray you can secure at least the 4th pick

They don't own their pick this year so selling everything below their optimal value will be a disservice to the franchise. they should wait it out, get Lonzo back and let them get healthy to play the best basketball they can to increase their trade value then sell in the summer.

Derozan and Vuc will be on contract years next year so they will be easier to move.

I’m ready for Dallas to hit up the group chat & ask about Julius for the 2nd fiddle role they hoped KP would become.

Quietly he’s been having a better go than his MIP self. All pro considerations if they stay above water.

Those MavKnicks need to help Luka.

They don't own their pick this year so selling everything below their optimal value will be a disservice to the franchise. they should wait it out, get Lonzo back and let them get healthy to play the best basketball they can to increase their trade value then sell in the summer.

Derozan and Vuc will be on contract years next year so they will be easier to move.

vuc is a UFA this summer.
Healthy Lonzo isn’t moving the needle much either.

Their pick is Top 4 protected…hence me saying “pray they get at least the 4th pick”

Back
Top Bottom