The Official NBA Season Thread: Mikal Bridges traded to the Knicks

AI 34-36

Kobe 36-39

The amount of easy buckets Kobe would off driving down an open and his post game would give him a boost.
Are you factoring less minutes? I think a great player is a great player but for his career AI averaged 42 minutes per game.

Those days are long gone. There’s some give and take with these eras

Are you factoring less minutes? I think a great player is a great player but for his career AI averaged 42 minutes per game.

Kobe and AI would be worse. The best teams in this era have really good ball movement. Neither of those guys wants to move the ball. Kobe also the best at making tough shots. In this era you can create easier higher percentage shots so his formula of taking tough shots doesn’t translate that well. But again that depends on who is on the squad. If he’s paired with dominant bigs again like Joker and/or Embiid he’d still win of course. It’s crazy to think that if Kobe played right now he’d be replacing Jamal Murray in Denver.

He wouldn't have to avg 42 mins. Luka avg 34 on 37 mins. Shai avg 31 on 34 mins. This is the easiest era to score in by far.

Kobe one of the most athletic wings to ever pick up a basketball would be worse in an era with MORE SPACING

laughing-haha.gif

Absolutely wild that the Magic and Heat don’t play each other anymore this season. Both are ballin. Who made this schedule? :smh:

Spacing in today’s game is a lot better and beneficial but if I told you this was from a few minutes ago and not 20 years ago, would you believe me?

IMG_9164.jpeg

Nah this is wild but guys are just getting theirs because of spacing. The overall talent level is just better.
I may be reading this wrong but I'm certainly not saying it's the only reason. I'm saying already talented scorers in a dead ball era get to play with an additional benefit. Thinking any scorer from the 2000's would struggle today is crazy

That doesn't even include shooters like Ray putting up more 3's. They're all cooking

I may be reading this wrong but I'm certainly not saying it's the only reason. I'm saying already talented scorers in a dead ball era get to play with an additional benefit. Thinking any scorer from the 2000's would struggle today is crazy

That doesn't even include shooters like Ray putting up more 3's. They're all cooking
I’m not saying any great scorer from the past would struggle. That’s crazy. But I’m saying Anthony Edwards would average 28 too on 42 mpg in 2001. There are better and more guys now. Tier 2 guys I mean
Yes because It's the Pistons
And Orlando. And some times the lakers. And the Cavs. And the pelicans. And that’s what OKC will look like in the playoffs.

DuncanRobinson scoring in the half court dribble drive down the middle is insane

Then they show him do a quasi Smitty from another game. Can't tell if worse defense in this era or yet another symptom of #skill era

I’m not saying any great scorer from the past would struggle. That’s crazy. But I’m saying Anthony Edwards would average 28 too on 42 mpg in 2001. There are better and more guys now. Tier 2 guys I mean

And Orlando. And some times the lakers. And the Cavs. And the pelicans. And that’s what OKC will look like in the playoffs.
Yeah I'm not arguing the 1st point at all. I agree with that. The league is more talented even past Tier 2 guys

I just mentioned yetserday someone like Norm Powell is shooting basically 50% from 3 on catch and shoots. More skilled all around the league

Back
Top Bottom