The Official NBA Season Thread: Lakers Hire JJ Redick

They acting like there's just Bob Costas's hanging around at the local walmart :lol:

Generational talent in the booth
And Isaiah and Walton were both there to talk irrational trash about the Bulls. Without fail.

My uncle was also the finals camera man with bob during the halftime/pregame and as soon as the cameras stopped rolling Costas would go berserk cussing at members of the staff. Real piece of work off air.

Great article, The Athletic also has a good one out about how ESPN can improve

My wishful thinking is NBC will go back to story telling again once they get the NBA back

Chuck says he is done with the NBA but I aint buying it

Play by play talent is fine with guys like Harlan, breen, eagle, etc. I really cannot think of any good analysts.
Yeah, I can’t say there any analysts working now that actually enhance my viewing experience, but SVG and Jamal Crawford don’t actively detract from it for me, so those are my current “favorites”.

Yeah, I can’t say there any analysts working now that actually enhance my viewing experience, but SVG and Jamal Crawford don’t actively detract from it for me, so those are my current “favorites”.
I like Doris I really do, but she just is not meant for playoff/finals NBA basketball, her energy brings no stakes to the action on screen

She's a regular season analyst

NBC's presentation was way better.

I mean even with the older 90s era production, stuff like this is way better than what ESPN puts on air currently...

Got the Terminator theme for the montage...

antonio-banderas-oh.gif

RIP to Jerry West(The Logo). He had a big part in the game and rise of the current Warriors dynasty.
RIP to the legend

Finals MVP despite losing 8)

My fave West quote:
Once on a trip back to West Virginia to play in a charity game at the WVU Coliseum, constructed more than 10 years after Hundley left WVU, Rod was said to have replied to Hall of Famer Jerry West: "I built this building."

West retorted, "Yeah but I paid it off."

The idea of talking about the Celtics dynasties ridiculous. Can the Celtics at least win a championship before we start talking about them being a dynasty? We did the same thing with Denver last year and the bucks in 2021. It's all premature.

That being said, it's going to be hard to compare modern superstars to superstars of the past given the new CBA. It's just going to be too difficult to keep championship cores together. There were no financial constraints stopping the '60s Celtics, '80s Lakers, '90s Bulls or 00s Lakers from essentially running the same teams back over and over again.

It's unfair to say "Luka/Jokic/Giannis only have 1-2 rings whereas Jordan/Kobe/Kareem/LeBron had 4-6 rings"

Back
Top Bottom