The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Link? Color me skeptical

Also, I am not just talking drives
NBA.com

Ant 14 drives per game for 3.4 FTs

SGA 23 drives per game for 4.2 FTs

SGA is significantly more aggressive overall and takes 2.5 more FTs per game. It's pretty simple. If Ant was as aggressive, he'd arguably take more based on data.

1706592495589.png

Ain’t reading all that.

Lakers suck! And benefit from a great whistle.

A 24-24 team having that kinda margin with FT discrepancy is crazy :lol:. The whole league sees it. And has been saying it for a few years now.

But let yall tell it!
Imagine that record without that help...

Imagine if some other 'struggling' teams that play just as hard got the same whistle...

NBA.com

Ant 14 drives per game for 3.4 FTs

SGA 23 drives per game for 4.2 FTs

SGA is significantly more aggressive overall and takes 2.5 more FTs per game. It's pretty simple. If Ant was as aggressive, he'd arguably take more based on data.
No it's not that simple, different offenses require different schemes and habits, and as previously mentioned in this thread Lakers shoot the most FT's in the league despite the least amount of drives this season

there needs to be like a minimum win percentage or record you gotta clear in order to be a play-in team

the battle for the 10th spot in the east is between the hawks & nets, both 19-27. neither of those teams needs to be playing after the regular season ends

Ain’t reading all that.

Lakers suck! And benefit from a great whistle.

A 24-24 team having that kinda margin with FT discrepancy is crazy :lol:. The whole league sees it. And has been saying it for a few years now.

But let yall tell it!

That warriors 19-24 record setting in huh

1706592946850.png

No it's not that simple, different offenses require different schemes and habits, and as previously mentioned in this thread Lakers shoot the most FT's in the league despite the least amount of drives this season
Ant's getting a comparable whistle however you want to break it down. You can go do that if you choose to dig deeper. They both get slightly under or about half from drives. Almost exactly. You can do this exercise with a lot of players and you'd be surprised how consistent a lot of whistles are among stars across the league.

He can't be as deliberately aggressive as SGA anyway though or he'd probably be hovering around 4.5 TOs or so at this stage of his career. I doubt a lower scoring, defensive team wants to mess around with that.

Last edited:
Best player in the world making sure none of this bull**** keeps happening.

Giannis used to take WAY longer too. He would do pretend free throws like 3 times then take like 8 dribbles.

Dwight kills me though with that one free throw he had where he dead spaced out and kept dribbling it with his head down. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom