The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Kinda funny to think about what Horford and Lopez would’ve been had they been shooting 3s earlier in their career with how proficient they are at it now. Neither attempted them AT ALL for like their first 8 seasons.
My brain wouldn't accept processing the image of big *** Lopez shooting 3's. Dirk, ok. But not someone like Lopez lol

Kinda funny to think about what Horford and Lopez would’ve been had they been shooting 3s earlier in their career with how proficient they are at it now. Neither attempted them AT ALL for like their first 8 seasons.
True hoopers. Lopez wasn’t even a defensive guy :lol:

Milwaukee doesn’t have enough to beat these guys 4 times. Maybe not even twice, I wonder what the odds will look like for Boston in 5.

NT ads on Google 🤔
NT has never bought advertising. This person is probably referring to organic search results, which is what they were hoping to piggyback off to spam their client’s website.

Search engines seem to penalize forum page ranks as a result of this practice, regardless of each forum site’s moderation, which only further compounds the harm.

It’s just a random SEO spammer. I’ve banned their account.

If anyone gets a PM like that, please use the report button to bring it to the team’s attention. We already have limits in place to ensure that new users can’t send out mass-PMs, so it’s not an effective way for them to get the results they want - which is to have a link placed on a search-visible website with greater reach than their own.

Spam is nearly as old as the World Wide Web, but the development of generative AI has made this problem worse, not better.

You have no idea how many middle school term papers about sneakers interspersed with links for Android apps wind up in our moderation queue every day. It is a massive problem, one that’s forced us to manually pre-screen all new users’ content.

They’ve got our user list looking like the Tragedeigh name generator:

7d5af7cb98a49bc3f3ea5d4c3ab0971b.jpg

I’m not a fan of this at all.

Pizzo is overtly passionate but he’s a good dude.

Hopefully it’s temporary.

For those asking: it was a 48 hour suspension for insults/name calling. The associated post(s) have been removed. The “JoJO” account to which he was referring was not an alt. It was an unrelated spam account and has since been terminated.

In this case, a user with a history of rule violations was starting to take a basketball discussion far too personally, went too far, and required a cooldown.

If you know someone has a short temper, is extremely sensitive to criticism of favorite players/teams, and is liable to fly off the handle in retaliation, your options aren’t limited to “provoke them further” or “be a bystander.” You can try to take the temperature down, change the subject, or, if it’s already staring to get out of hand, report any inappropriate posts to the moderation team before someone crosses the point of no return.

I don't get to send messages though. I am just a cog in the machine of capitalism. The Olympics is a pledge of fealty, you are doing it for that country. But I hear you.
We all make choices every day. I think it’s a copout to throw up your hands and say you’re but a cog in a machine who works on Wall Street whose origins were built on financing slavery and is grossly exploitative in just about every way that you can imagine, but Joel Embiid has to play for Cameroon to send a a message. It’s pretty rife with hypocrisy IMO, but I digress.

We all make choices every day. I think it’s a copout to throw up your hands and say you’re but a cog in a machine who works on Wall Street whose origins were built on financing slavery and is grossly exploitative in just about every way that you can imagine, but Joel Embiid has to play for Cameroon to send a a message. It’s pretty rife with hypocrisy IMO, but I digress.
That is fair. Can say I've never thought about it THAT way.

Back
Top Bottom