The Official NBA Thread

What kind of crap should the clipper receive
People were already calling it the most lopsided trade ever last season when the Thunder were still a lottery team. It’s gotten louder this season. I’d say that’s getting some crap.

And, once again, they made the trade in order to get Kawhi. Kawhi wasn’t signing as a FA unless they brought in another established all-star to play with him. SGA was one of their assets at the time, so I’m sure he would have been included in a package to trade for any all-star level player. It happened to be PG.

How big of a blunder do you estimate this to be
It was an all in move that failed and now they'll be trying to recover for the next 5 years minimum. So at the end of the day they go back to being the clippers anyway. Kawhi was posturing. We know he wasn't going back to Toronto or the Lakers. Clippers fell for his bluff. Can't really blame them since they were desperate to be relevant but if they had a stronger foundation they would've been in a better position to negotiate and Kawhi would've signed regardless

And, yes, the PG and Kawhi pairing has a been a disappointment because of constant injury problems but the fact is the duo got them further than any Clippers team has ever been by getting to the WCF in 2021.

Pretty sure they weren’t getting to the conference finals with the Lou Will-Pat Bev-Trezz-Gallo core.

All the clipper apologizers tryna defend a blatant overpay :smh:
It absolutely was an overpay because it was SGA, Gallinari and a ton of picks.

My issue with the criticism the team gets is people acting like they knew SGA was going to be as good as he is now at the time when I distinctly remember us Clippers fans getting accused of gassing SGA too much during his rookie season.

But, yes, the team 100 percent gave up too get Paul George.

It absolutely was an overpay because it was SGA, Gallinari and a ton of picks.

My issue with the criticism the team gets is people acting like they knew SGA was going to be as good as he is now at the time when I distinctly remember us Clippers fans getting accused of gassing SGA too much during his rookie season.

But, yes, the team 100 percent gave up too get Paul George.
They had Kawhi in the bag they just didn't know it. I'm sure Kawhi was using the Lakers for leverage even tho he never planned to sign so they did what they felt they had to do. Can't put it all on them, mostly falls on Kawhi wanting to play GM

I guess I should have know the PG-Kawhi duo wasn’t ever going to deliver the ultimate prize to the Clippers when a global ****ing pandemic broke out in the middle of the first season they were together. That’s as a pretty bad omen.

The prospects of paying an injury prone player who has very little playoff experience (and **** the bed in the little experience he does have) $200M is certainly not ideal.

A similar argument could be made for Zion TBH except for the fact that Zion could be the foundation you build a team around, that definitely could not be said for Ingram.

Interesting to see where he ends up this offseason.

Its good that the Pels are moving on from Ingram. Definition of empty stats. Lets not forget Zion played 70 games this season so its early to move on from him too plus he's 23 and puts butts in seats

All the clipper apologizers tryna defend a blatant overpay :smh:
IMG_1680.jpeg

Ingram’s the reason the Pels have been close to the playoffs the previous 2 years. This was Zion’s first year playing a decent amount of games. Dort and nem had my boy in hell. Balled out his first playoffs against Phoenix a couple years ago. Played a good game but lost in the playin last year.

Prolly was time to move on, but the building around Zion is wishful thinking at best. Ingram has 10 games of playoff stats. Zion has none cause he’s never been able to play in 1 of the games.

Back
Top Bottom