The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Did I just read WNBA and popularity in the same sentence? :lol:
maxresdefault (3).jpg

This is a clickbait headline and mischaracterized what Sunny Said. Do better Osh.

i agree the headline might be clickbait, can you explain to me the mischaracterization? im not sure i see it.
watching the clip of her comment, she does seem to attribute some of her success to being white, straight and attractive?

Caitlin Clark benefits from some things,
not to be mean, but i'm not sure "'pretty privilege" is one of them.

The hate she’s getting from her own is insane. Jealousy and haters. Maybe work on your jumper? lol..

She’s the wave so either ride the wave or get your *** washed out.

i agree the headline might be clickbait, can you explain to me the mischaracterization? im not sure i see it.
watching the clip of her comment, she does seem to attribute some of her success to being white, straight and attractive?

The entire context where the conversation revolving around the juxtaposition of Brittany Griner and her having to play in Russia and how that and her salary, and overall view and sympathy was perceived.

Like WNBA players have to play overseas in the first play l place to supplement their income and when Caitlin got drafted people were up in arms about damn how little they do make playing in the W. It was a much more nuanced discussion revolving around race, sexual orientation and just general acknowledgement of societal views.

Not the exact same but the empathy of how people react to the opioid crisis as opposed to the crack epidemic because of who it affects.

CC is definitely bringing light to the inequalities of women's sports specifically the W, but that's not something that has been afforded to others who've carried the game before and that's just a fact.

The entire context where the conversation revolving around the juxtaposition of Brittany Griner and her having to play in Russia and how that and her salary, and overall view and sympathy was perceived.

Like WNBA players have to play overseas in the first play l place to supplement their income and when Caitlin got drafted people were up in arms about damn how little they do make playing in the W. It was a much more nuanced discussion revolving around race, sexual orientation and just general acknowledgement of societal views.

Not the exact same but the empathy of how people react to the opioid crisis as opposed to the crack epidemic because of who it affects.

CC is definitely bringing light to the inequalities of women's sports specifically the W, but that's not something that has been afforded to others who've carried the game before and that's just a fact.

that is useful context, i don't think i would quite agree that it's a total mischaracterization.

but i appreciate the additional info.

I mean for as many all time great players and legends of the women's game that have brought up some of the issues that the women's game has had, the perception is now in some circles they all of a sudden care because of one person.

Something as simple as the charter flight things which has been something that has needed to be done but that video of CC coming out having to fly commercial in the preseason and boom they get 50 mil to charter flights. It's not even to characterize it as a negative for CC as she's not having control over this stuff to a large degree, but things are getting done expeditiously that we're dragged on or not seemingly a priority by WNBA leadership before.

Yea things must have been really bad for a player to come out and say that :lol:

Cavs made the right choice
And Morris was only there for a like a month :lol:

That said, once again though, everybody is such a Chatty Patty now. So weird to me that so many dudes wants to go public with so much stuff that doesn’t need to be public.

The nepotism is def pushing Bronny higher, but so is this weak *** draft.

The analogy isnt good though, this Hunter dude got 3 years college experience and is 21.

Bronny should go to every workout. Compete against the lotto picks. Prove it.

and Hunter was a Mcdonald's AA too

Wow. Good to know.

Yea i'm fine with either side. Talent scouts prob favor prospects from an NBA family too.

But man if I was Bronny, i'd do anything not to go back to college. Put the work in and put your name in every workout. Some team will believe in you.

Back
Top Bottom