The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Saw that Rich basically said "If you think Bronny is benefitting from nepotism you're being naive, of course he is. No two-way contracts" :lol:

thats-amazing-im-not-even-mad.gif

I dont even like the Clippers lol but honestly they were the favorites along with Milwaukee pretty much all year, and not taking anything away from Denver… but the bubble environment definitely made it easier to make a 1-3 comeback.

I mean for as many all time great players and legends of the women's game that have brought up some of the issues that the women's game has had, the perception is now in some circles they all of a sudden care because of one person.

Something as simple as the charter flight things which has been something that has needed to be done but that video of CC coming out having to fly commercial in the preseason and boom they get 50 mil to charter flights. It's not even to characterize it as a negative for CC as she's not having control over this stuff to a large degree, but things are getting done expeditiously that we're dragged on or not seemingly a priority by WNBA leadership before.
I think that people saying “they all of a sudden” care are either being disingenuous or haven’t been paying attention. These conversations have been ongoing.

The charter flight issue isn’t simple IMO, and the fact that someone who came in the league who moved the needle significantly from a business perspective is what made it happen. This is how business works on any level. I get the frustration on some level but it’s taken a whole different turn with people who don’t watch or actually care about the sport using this drive engagement.

I dont even like the Clippers lol but honestly they were the favorites along with Milwaukee pretty much all year, and not taking anything away from Denver… but the bubble environment definitely made it easier to make a 1-3 comeback.

Lakers were in 1st place and beat both them teams back to back. Clippers home court advantage is negligible at best. They choked point blank period.

That Lakers team was cooking in the regular season pre-bubble though tbf.

That was the best version of the Bron Lakers by far with the most depth so I don't think it was a forgone conclusion that the same Clips team that choked against Denver would've been able to get through the West

JJ should've just stuck with the podcast and ESPN job, he's moving too fast. Or at least pick a job with less expectations.

I don’t understand this logic, tbh. In regular people life would you tell someone to pick a job with less expectations? Nah, shoot for the moon. That job def comes with hella expectations and potentially could be disastrous, but it also comes with perks that other coaching jobs don’t. And in the slight chance he is successful (championship) during his tenure, he’d be a L.A. legend.

And if he fails, he’s still a young, white coach with name recognition. He’ll get another chance elsewhere. Probably multiple chances. :lol: Or he’ll go right back to his podcast. Or broadcasting. There really is no wrong path for him to take at this point.

Nelson C Nelson C going to ban me soon for talking about Tatum.

Calma mano! :lol:
I've probably said worse. I may be biased as Jaylen's been my favorite player since Boston drafted him, but I've been a Jayson skeptic since he arrived.

I recognize that while Tatum may be more skilled he doesn't always play to his strengths, he shoots too many 3s (he'll never be a good 3pt shooter) and he still gets tunnel vision while overthinking. If his goal is to be like his idol (RIP Kobe) by shot chucking and being inefficient, he's on his way there. The bulk he's put on has affected his quickness and finishing. That being said I do think he's a superstar.

I also think it's crazy that Boston would entrust a roster like this to an aloof Division II coach who is so regimented and unable to make adjustments on the fly, but the team is what it is, flaws and all, and I'm not going to throw away 40 years of being a Celtic fan now.

Back
Top Bottom