The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

That last part is just not true. Some of their best defense this playoffs was the game he missed and they put the clamps on Murray so bad he was throwing ice packs on the court :lol:

it is true. Just simply look at the evidence.

Question. Do the Wolves play better without Gobert?

Evidence For:
Game 2 Nuggets.

Evidence Against:

Game 1 Dallas
Game 2 Dallas
Game 1 Denver
Game 3 Denver
Game 4 Denver
Game 5 Denver
Game 6 Denver
Game 7 Denver
Game 1 Suns
Game 2 Suns

ect

You guys are acting like it's a mystery or like game 2 is the only result we have, they play lineups without gobert every game.

and basically every game THEY GET SMOKED.

I’m not in the camp of Gobert is actual trash, but if he’s not defending the rim well (which he didn’t) he’s unplayable. Might be their defensive strategy, might be Gobert’s basketball IQ but he’s getting murdered in the P&R in a way KAT and Reid didn’t

So your solution to pick and roll defense problems....IS TO PLAY KARL ANTHONY TOWNS AND NAZ REID AS YOUR FRONT LINE???? :lol:

see this is what i mean, for some reason some of yall can't be rationale about him.

This is how it’s done
IMG_7978.png

So your solution to pick and roll defense problems....IS TO PLAY KARL ANTHONY TOWNS AND NAZ REID AS YOUR FRONT LINE???? :lol:

see this is what i mean, for some reason some of yall can't be rationale about him.
At first they came at Haliburton, I didn't speak up cause I'm not a Haliburton guy.
Then they came for Gobert, and I didn't speak up cause I'm not a Gobert guy.
Then they came for Jaylen Brown, and I didn't speak up cause I'm not a Jaylen Brown guy.
Now, they're coming for Naz Reid, and they thought there'd be no one left to speak up for him..

Naz Reid carried in game 2, and game 7 vs Denver playing 9/12 4th quarter minutes, finishing out the game Vs Denver. Played GREAT yesterday going for career playoff high. Can protect baguette Biyombo all you want, but keep Naz Reid out of it. He would've stuck with Luka and gave a much better contest on the final shot. Luka TARGETTED Gobert, asking for the pick from Lively. Naz Reid was there, he could've got that switch. Gobert is a great help defender, drop coverage at the rim. Asking him to switch out on the perimeter is a death sentence for him

Last edited:
it is true. Just simply look at the evidence.

Question. Do the Wolves play better without Gobert?

Evidence For:
Game 2 Nuggets.

Evidence Against:

Game 1 Dallas
Game 2 Dallas
Game 1 Denver
Game 3 Denver
Game 4 Denver
Game 5 Denver
Game 6 Denver
Game 7 Denver
Game 1 Suns
Game 2 Suns

ect

You guys are acting like it's a mystery or like game 2 is the only result we have, they play lineups without gobert every game.

and basically every game THEY GET SMOKED.

This is what makes the Rudy haters so hilarious, and I get it, he got smoked on that last play but how anyone can watch last nights game and come away as the loss being on him is crazy to me.

Like we watching the same game?

At first they came at Haliburton, I didn't speak up cause I'm not a Tatum guy.
Then they came for Gobert, and I didn't speak up cause I'm not a Gobert guy.
Then they came for Jaylen Brown, and I didn't speak up cause I'm not a Jaylen Brown guy.
Now, they're coming for Naz Reid, and they thought there'd be no one left to speak up for him..

Naz Reid carried in game 2, and game 7 vs Denver playing 9/12 4th quarter minutes, finishing out the game Vs Denver. Played GREAT yesterday going for career playoff high. Can protect baguette Biyombo all you want, but keep Naz Reid out of it. He would've stuck with Luka and gave a much better contest on the final shot. Luka TARGETTED Gobert, asking for the pick from Lively. Naz Reid was there, he could've got that switch.

Read what i wrote, I said Karl AND Naz Reid as your front line.

they benched Karl for Naz.

Naz+Gobert is fine
Karl+Gobert is fine

the problems come when it's Naz+Karl.

Gobert is a great help defender, drop coverage at the rim. Asking him to switch out on the perimeter is a death sentence for him

, but naz isn't a good switch defender, and they are get doing WORSE with no gobert. So i don't understand what point you are making.

would I rather have 2015 Draymond Green or Bam Adebayo to defend the Mavs? YES
, but the wolves don't have those options.

people act like there's an elite switch defending center on the wolves bench and they should just play him.

if you have an actually strategic adjustment to help then defend the mavs id love to hear it, i have my own suggestions.

but the bench Rudy crown has zero evidence, it's just vibes and feelings.

Luka is annoying AF, but he's cold as they come and rest of the Mavs except THJ are really likable.
I think THJr would be semi decent this playoff run if not for his injury prior to the playoffs, but he is willllllddddd inconsistent.

This is what makes the Rudy haters so hilarious, and I get it, he got smoked on that last play but how anyone can watch last nights game and come away as the loss being on him is crazy to me.

Like we watching the same game?
What did you see from Rudy last night? Because most people keep pointing out how bad he was all game before that shot

Back
Top Bottom