The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Live look at Moriah Mills in the future
61A95112-A7E5-4C72-8BAF-3A3F98A84ECE.gif

The funniest thing about this Zion story is how little coverage ESPN has given it.

A non sports related story with daily meme fodder that they just have to ignore.
Even if they didnt have to ignore it its still irrelevant. Plus i think the male demographic is what makes up majority of sports fan. This is gossip lipstick alley type stuff. Most men dont give a damn but ofcourse NTers are a bit different.

Even if they didnt have to ignore it its still irrelevant. Plus i think the male demographic is what makes up majority of sports fan. This is gossip lipstick alley type stuff. Most men dont give a damn but ofcourse NTers are a bit different.

I mean The Pelicans are out allegedly saying they are "shocked by Zion's recent off-court events". If you are casual NBA fan and just watch/read ESPN then you have no idea what the hell they are talking about. As annoying as Moriah's obsession may be, it gets discussed in here because it's driving several major offseason stories (Zion or Ingram potentially getting traded for #2/#3, Ingram, Dame and Portland's future, Miami waiting in the cut for NO and Portland, etc.). '

If knowledge that the Pels were thinking about moving Zion were bubbling before this whole disaster then it would be less of a "story". But the fact that trade rumors are happening afterwards and Pelicans officials are apparently shocked at his off-court actions makes it relevant. It's just too salacious for today's media so they avoid it.

I mean The Pelicans are out allegedly saying they are "shocked by Zion's recent off-court events". If you are casual NBA fan and just watch/read ESPN then you have no idea what the hell they are talking about. As annoying as Moriah's obsession may be, it gets discussed in here because it's driving several major offseason stories (Zion or Ingram potentially getting traded for #2/#3, Ingram, Dame and Portland's future, Miami waiting in the cut for NO and Portland, etc.). '

If knowledge that the Pels were thinking about moving Zion were bubbling before this whole disaster then it would be less of a "story". But the fact that trade rumors are happening afterwards and Pelicans officials are apparently shocked at his off-court actions makes it relevant. It's just too salacious for today's media so they avoid it.
I gotta assume his health is the main reason he might be traded. I would have more than considered it by now if im NO. He cant play more than 25 games a season and is lowkey already in his prime.

I gotta assume his health is the main reason he might be traded. I would have more than considered it by now if im NO. He cant play more than 25 games a season and is lowkey already in his prime.

True. It just doesn't track logically to me.

He played 85 out 144 games his first season, missed his entire third season, you give him a team friendly 5-year extension for $193MM that has games played/weight/injury clauses, plays 29 games in Year 4....then you decide to trade him?

I guess it's similar to Beal getting extended then traded a year later but worse in some ways considering Zion is just 22 and NOLA is knocking on the door as constructed with Zion/BI healthy.

The Zion 30 for 30 should be good.

Reveling in someone's downfall will always be a topic du jour. That's society. If they could they would be running a segment every week.

This also captures the "If I had that much money I would do X" crowd, a foundational part of societal/capitalism discourse.

Feels like Beal/Durant/KD will work if they can stay healthy and get parts that fit. You can take advantage of mismatches with Booker at the 1 and KD being a mid post threat.

Back
Top Bottom