The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Not sure maybe. OG can fit anywhere dispite not being as good as Siakiam.

But Siakiams shooting has been coming back a bit so may e that will convince some more contenders to join the bidding.

I feel like with this new look team, Masai will take his sweet time and you will not see a move until Feb 8 at 2:58 E.T.

Either that or wait until the offseason to either re-sign him or a sign and trade to a team of his choice.

The sixers 2nd unit played the 4th and it looked UGLY

evxjnkam05ac1.jpeg

Yup, nothing has changed. Been saying this exact same thing ever since I joined NT. Guys like Nate Duncan and others are finally seeing the light and finally catching up to reality.

NBA has always been and will always be a big man's game.

The 2022 Warriors are the only outlier and exception to the rule.

Even the 2015-2018 Warrior teams needed a couple centers and bigs to do the dirty work to allow the Splash Bros and KD to cook.

Even the 2011-2013 Heat needed big minutes from centers and pf's like Birdman, Haslem, and Joel Anthony to help Bosh do all the dirty work inside.

How many true centers and/or impact PF's/C's did each of these recent NBA Champions have in their regular rotation?

2023 Nuggets
2021 Bucks
2020 Lakers
2019 Raptors
2015, 2017, 2018 Warriors
2014 Spurs
2012, 2013 Heat
2011 Mavs
2009, 2010 Lakers
2008 Celtics
2007 Spurs
2006 Heat
2005 Spurs
2004 Pistons
2003 Spurs

You won't find a single championship team except for the 2022 Warriors that had ONLY 1 Center or Big in their regular rotation. And I just went back 20 years.

Last edited:
The 2022 warriors had bigs. Every team ever has had bigs
Looney is NOT a center and was forced to play the position because of their small ball model and because the 6'9" Looney grabs boards with a passion

Name another legit center on the 2022 Warriors besides Looney and Dray who played significant minutes?

Bjelica? Nope
Porter? Nope
Kuminga? Nope

Looney is NOT a center and was forced to play the position because of their small ball model and because the 6'9" Looney grabs boards with a passion

Name another legit center on the 2022 Warriors besides Looney and Dray who played significant minutes?

Bjelica? Nope
Porter? Nope
Kuminga? Nope
Like I don’t know what you watch or what you think looney does if he’s not a center. Moses Malone was 6-9 and rebounded. So was bill russell.

Draymond is very much a big too. You gotta refresh your thinking, B

I heard Nate Duncan mention this on a pod.

Was the small ball Golden state era an aberration?

Seems like playing big is more viable than ever, and there are multiple contenders with two big lineups.

looking at the history of the NBA the

Houston Rockets, Cavs, Warriors style teams with non center line ups dominating the title picture

is a brief exception and not like the future evolution of the game like it seems many were predicting.
Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 whole 2024 was just made. Bruv incoming in 3….2…..1…..

Like I don’t know what you watch or what you think looney does if he’s not a center. Moses Malone was 6-9 and rebounded. So was bill russell.

Draymond is very much a big too. You gotta refresh your thinking, B
Lol, maybe you gotta refresh your thinking and get your facts right.

I've met MOSES Malone and he 6'10, 265 and dominated Kareem in the 83 Finals to the tune of 26 ppg, 18 rpg, and 3 stocks per game. That's a real center. Looney is 6'9, 220 lbs LOL.

Like I said, Looney is playing out of position. Yes, he a center by today's standards but if GSW for example were to trade Draymond for Vucevic or Valanciunas or Capela, I guarantee Looney slides to PF if Kerr ever played Looney with either of those bigs.

Looney is an undersized center and unless the Warriors add 1-2 more bigs, they'll never win another championship with their current core.

Honest question, even if you get someone like Mikals' caliber. You still have Julius running the show and what's the level of confidence that you will go far in the playoffs with Randle?
This is Brunson’s team now. Juju is unstoppable for most opps so he’s rite now a pretty reliable second option. He’s in his prime and is playing better than ever. I’m very confident that he’s able to be the Robin in this relationship.

The team just needs more. Instead of the long awaited superstar to shake loose, I’d rather run with the most talented team experience possible. ‘04 Pistons vibes as I mentioned earlier.

I would not really put the 2022 warriors in the small ball category.

Yah looney is undersized, he's still a traditional big, he's functionally a center.

it's not like they were running the Celtic bigs off the court like the other GSW teams.

if anything Boston was most effective with Robert Williams and Horford.

they won that series because Steph is a god, and Draymond was still a game breaker on defense.

they weren't the switch everything, death lineup Warriors of old.

Bjelica? Nope
Porter? Nope
Kuminga? Nope
looney wiggins and draymond are all big for their position

The Thunder are somehow a game back of 1st place in the West...

Definitely not gonna be a 'sleeper' team anymore come playoff time

Lol, maybe you gotta refresh your thinking and get your facts right.

I've met MOSES Malone and he 6'10, 265 and dominated Kareem in the 83 Finals to the tune of 26 ppg, 18 rpg, and 3 stocks per game. That's a real center. Looney is 6'9, 220 lbs LOL.

Like I said, Looney is playing out of position. Yes, he a center by today's standards but if GSW for example were to trade Draymond for Vucevic or Valanciunas or Capela, I guarantee Looney slides to PF if Kerr ever played Looney with either of those bigs.

Looney is an undersized center and unless the Warriors add 1-2 more bigs, they'll never win another championship with their current core.
And undersized center is still a center at the end of the day. And undersized 4 is still a 4 at the end of the day. That’s what looney and Draymond are. Looney does nothing next to Capela, he’s backing him up. Sabonis is 100% a center and had nothing for loon.

This is Brunson’s team now. Juju is unstoppable for most opps so he’s rite now a pretty reliable second option. He’s in his prime and is playing better thanever. I’m very confident that he’s able to be the Robin in this relationship.
The team just needs more. Instead of the long awaited superstar to shake loose, I’d rather run with the most talented team experience possible. ‘04 Pistons vibes as I mentioned earlier.
Juju got them playoff gremlins he can't seem to shake, regular season accolades aside.

Back
Top Bottom