The Official NBA Thread

IMG_1223.jpeg

Doc Rivers just happy y’all forgot about his twitter. Zion took all the attention now.

Doc will never live this down.

If it was a man doing this the dialogue would be different

I hear you but I don’t see many dudes going out sad like this if they were side piece to a famous female celebrity and found out another dude knocked her up. I can’t think of any precedent with the exception of maybe Kevin Federline (I don’t recall the full story but I think he got child support from Britney Spears).

Trading Bam for a small PG that can’t defend on a super max contract ain’t it IMO. Their front court is getting killed as is. Can’t afford to lose their best option in that area for Dame.

One good thing about this run for Miami is that Duncan Robinson’s trade value has gone up. He went from being a Bertans type trade piece to a guy you can actually put in your rotation in both the regular season and playoffs.

Ole girl back at it :smh:

This is beyond pathetic now

Zion needs to drop the church pic immediately

Mans gonna have da streets, burbs, and boonies back on his side by this afternoon.

Trading Bam for a small PG that can’t defend on a super max contract ain’t it IMO. Their front court is getting killed as is. Can’t afford to lose their best option in that area for Dame.
Honestly I can't think of any fit for Damian Lillard that gets him a title outside of going to a place where they are just simply overwhelming everyone else with pure talent. Like the Suns maybe or something.

I love Dame and I think he's a winner but I think the formula to win with him gets more difficult as time goes on. He's REALLY bad on the defensive end now.

One good thing about this run for Miami is that Duncan Robinson’s trade value has gone up. He went from being a Bertans type trade piece to a guy you can actually put in your rotation in both the regular season and playoffs.
Nah. Duncan had one great game. Otherwise teams will make mistake on overpaying these players like before.

An interview like this in 2023 is unfathomable :lol: I’m thinking if it did happen it would be on ABC. I know their go to for “feature interviews“ is Malika but she definitely wouldn’t do a ‘view like this. Probably goes to one of the dudes on the Countdown Crew (Jalen/Wilbon/SAS/Greenberg).

That had to be a crazy time as a fan seeing one of the greatest players of all-time go out like that |l
It was just another day back then. Rewatching those interviews today is wild because back then we weren't even shook. That interview, the Jordan sunglasses interview about gambling, etc.

Nah. Duncan had one great game. Otherwise teams will make mistake on overpaying these players like before.

He came back from injury and was getting DNP-CDs and playing garbage minutes from the end end of March to the end of the regular season. He’s been getting legit minutes this postseason, shooting 45% from 3 on 5 3PA and has shown he can actually put the ball on the floor from time to time. His value is absolutely up from where it was at damn near any point this season - pre or post injury.

It’s not really a matter of other teams overpaying players in the future. It’s the fact that a team might be more receptive to taking back his ~$19MM per year over the next 3 seasons to facilitate a trade for that 3rd guy to pair with Jimmy and Bam. Said team is probably rebuilding and will be worried about draft capital over those seasons so it’s probably worth it if you can get 3 firsts and 2 swaps.

I wouldn’t doubt Dame’s defensive effort in a better situation. Not about to overthink it but again don’t know how contracts are going work going forward

Back
Top Bottom