The Official NBA Thread

Duncan was on that bronze team too not like they had the worst b team talent

I don’t give any excuses for that team larry brown or not. But that also doesn’t mean their process was acceptable…

We talked about how nasty it is for Embiid to play for USA instead of France but what about not being able to represent your country because you don't understand.....consent.

Lets talk about why 24 wasn't there.

aepps20 aepps20 I ain get any sleep last night. Bad things are about to occur. The Laker fans are really going to hate me for what I'm about to do.

Naw relax yo. We know the truth.
giphy.gif

Duncan was on that bronze team too not like they had the worst b team talent

I don’t give any excuses for that team larry brown or not. But that also doesn’t mean their process was acceptable…

It wasn’t just the process it was about fit and playing style. Compare the 03 Tournament of the Americas team that was supposed to be the 04 Olympic team to the actual 04 team.

Larry Brown wanted to play a slow paced style with strong post play and snipers (Ray Allen and Mike Bibby) at the 3 point line to clear the paint for Tim, JO, Kenyon Elton Brand to go to work. Add in elite/athletic wings in Tmac, RJ and Vince with J Kidd running the point.

Larry Brown’s strategy wasn’t a bad one with the roster he thought he would get. When January of 04 rolled around the geopolitical environment decimated the roster. Larry got a team of young athletic players that would struggle in a half court game (due to lack of familiarity ) unless they could turn defense into offense.

Larry tried to out FIBA, more experienced FIBA teams. Coach K knew he couldn’t do that and decided to turn up the defense and make FIBA play US style of basketball.

It wasn’t just the process it was about fit and playing style. Compare the 03 Tournament of the Americas team that was supposed to be the 04 Olympic team to the actual 04 team.

Larry Brown wanted to play a slow paced style with strong post play and snipers (Ray Allen and Mike Bibby) at the 3 point line to clear the paint for Tim, JO, Kenyon Elton Brand to go to work. Add in elite/athletic wings in Tmac, RJ and Vince with J Kidd running the point.

Larry Brown’s strategy wasn’t a bad one with the roster he thought he would get. When January of 04 rolled around the geopolitical environment decimated the roster. Larry got a team of young athletic players that would struggle in a half court game (due to lack of familiarity ) unless they could turn defense into offense.

Larry tried to out FIBA, more experienced FIBA teams. Coach K knew he couldn’t do that and decided to turn up the defense and make FIBA play US style of basketball.
I don’t disagree with any of that but fit, play style, roster construction = process

They clearly revamped the process after the debacles

Back
Top Bottom