The Official NBA Thread

I think the Knicks should assign OG to Oubre, but OG plays safety against any Maxey drive or Embiid deep post up.

Embiid is catching the ball 20' from the rim; you really don't want Robinson or Hartenstein all the way out there. It's just going to end with Maxey putting them in an impossible high pick & roll.

Surprised Thibs didn't use OG on Embiid at all last night after it really got them off their game on Sunday.
Embiid was shooting horribly and was ghost until randomly the last parts of the game

Embiid is catching the ball 20' from the rim; you really don't want Robinson or Hartenstein all the way out there. It's just going to end with Maxey putting them in an impossible high pick & roll.

Surprised Thibs didn't use OG on Embiid at all last night after it really got them off their game on Sunday.

THIS

Embiid was shooting horribly and was ghost until randomly the last parts of the game

They were sending doubles from all angles at him all night. It did force him into nine turnovers & some bad shots, but also let Maxey get loose & Harris/Oubre to combine for 24 points.

Think you kinda have to run back the same game plan for game six & hope that literally everything doesn't go wrong in the last 30 seconds again. :lol:

^^^ with all that said, the Knicks lost that in an unrelated manner to the Embiid scheming

Losing that way is too painful :lol: when Deuce hit that ft line jumper to go up 6, there was only 28 seconds left. Felt like that was it- perfect execution on that bucket

Robinson fouling Maxey next play down on the 3 :sick:

Then I forgot Hart missed a FT after this :smh::lol:

The rest is history, hope this aint their Lakers/Suns blow 3-1 series lead moment. I kinda doubt it but yeah, they had that game and series wrapped all the way up

Maxey flourishing without that bearded guy 🤷‍♂️

i thought that 9PM start time was an odd choice. i see you Adam Silver! knicks fans better go look up those MegaBus prices :lol:

No more extended championship windows, me thinks. Teams dip into the second apron for a few years before they have to dump key players or they leave elsewhere.

Capture.PNG

i thought that 9PM start time was an odd choice. i see you Adam Silver! knicks fans better go look up those MegaBus prices :lol:

That's assuming the game starts on time and ends around 11:30. The last Broad Street train leaves at 12:15 am.

This seemed to be the conclusion as soon as all of these new CBA changes were announced. Teams weren't going to be able to keep their good role guys

Can someone explain how or why these changes occurred? It seems counterproductive for the league
League wants more parity, NFL-style. They don't want dynasties anymore, even though that's defined the league.

League wants more parity, NFL-style. They don't want dynasties anymore, even though that's defined the league.

It's all by design.

ESPN, Disney and Nike do not want any dynasty's that could potentially challenge the Bulls from the 90's. Stay woke.

I wonder how the TV deal is gonna affect the second apron

Even if they increase the cap more incrementally, the next TV contract is still massive.

I haven't checked but I would assume the aprons are based on percentages of the salary cap.

If so, the TV deal might give a few teams just over the aprons some relief in the first few years.

When you have teams like the Thunder (especially them being a small market) building the right way, organically- have to suffer because of the new CBA... that's just malpractice on the league's part

That's my biggest grievance- if that indeed comes to fruition

I'm assuming this means a lot more switching teams and off-season chatter. I feel like that will lose its charm if it just becomes the norm but maybe to the casual audience it'll be great so idk

Imagining the teams now that have made wise personnel choices for their role players- being forced to lose them.. that's lame

Back
Top Bottom