The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Good to see that alpha energy from the rookie.

--- yo yo... this is the most- hey... the most important thing now is to execute. We had three great shots that didn't go in. Don't get bored with taking the right shots. Don't get bored with- hey, I don't give a **** who gets in and shoots it. Don't get bored shooting the right shot(s). Okay? --

Good to see that alpha energy from the rookie.

--- yo yo... this is the most- hey... the most important thing now is to execute. We had three great shots that didn't go in. Don't get bored with taking the right shots. Don't get bored with- hey, I don't give a **** who gets in and shoots it. Don't get bored shooting the right shot(s). Okay? --

Is this guy a Mike Tirico person?

How is it that Zubac has 14 points and 17 rebounds and 5 blocks with Anthony Davis playing center?

Not once did Zu ever put up numbers remotely close to that against the Lakers when Mcgee and Howard were playing center in 2020

That's all we need to know about the Lakers' desperate need for a starting caliber center like Myles Turner.

No way AD can play the 5 all season long. He will wear down.
Wht are those minutes like in those games you posted?
Last night was the first time I have ever seen Zu play 30+
Ever.
Watching Zubac get every rebound uncontested had me really embarrassed for LAL.

IMG-3278.jpg

Wht are those minutes like in those games you posted?
Last night was the first time I have ever seen Zu play 30+
Ever.
Watching Zubac get every rebound uncontested had me really embarrassed for LAL.
The reason Zubac played all those minutes at center last night was cause Lue knew he had an advantage. That's my whole point.

In 2020, when the Lakers had McGee and Dwight playing 36 combined minutes a game at center, it was the Lakers who had the advantage over Zubac hence why Zu would only play 15 minutes or so at center. Lue knew he had zero advantage with Zu going up against hard nosed veterans Javale and Dwight therefore Lue would counter by going with a smaller lineup and put Montrezl Harrell or Jamychal Green at center.

The reason Zubac played all those minutes at center last night was cause Lue knew he had an advantage. That's my whole point.

In 2020, when the Lakers had McGee and Dwight playing 36 combined minutes a game at center, it was the Lakers who had the advantage over Zubac hence why Zu would only play 15 minutes or so at center. Lue knew he had zero advantage with Zu going up against hard nosed veterans Javale and Dwight therefore Lue would counter by going with a smaller lineup and put Montrezl Harrell or Jamychal Green at center.

Lue was not the coach in 2020, Doc was. And doc literally got fired in part for what he was doing with Harrell vs Zubac tbh

People hate the lakers so much that they’re pretending Russ isn’t a bad basketball player. How exactly is he being scapegoated when he’s a huge part of the problem. If he were the 50 million player he’s supposed to be, the team would be better. Instead, he’s the worst starter in the NBA and fakes injuries if benched.

No, eye test tells me that he balled. The issue is that the timeline of this team was very dependent on him becoming HIM and its not happened. So much so that we’re still looking at the Lakers through the lense of being a Bron mercenary team.

Easy to blame Russell Westbrook in a vacuum but the larger issue at play is that he’s kind of a fraud. You can’t tell me you’d feel confident having that guy be the feature player on your team.

The larger issue is the guards can't shoot. It's that simple. That other stuff is just your AD hate. :lol:

Yea don't think you can be the 2nd highest player in the league dropping stinkers without it drawing heat :lol:, especially when the only person making more just won another chip.

The Lakers def have a lot of issues but I don't think he's being unfairly singled out, can't be a net negative on the floor earning 50M/per

People hate the lakers so much that they’re pretending Russ isn’t a bad basketball player. How exactly is he being scapegoated when he’s a huge part of the problem. If he were the 50 million player he’s supposed to be, the team would be better. Instead, he’s the worst starter in the NBA and fakes injuries if benched.
Oh he is. My comment is about it solely falling on him. Its a myriad of things.

Reactions: HIM
Lue was not the coach in 2020, Doc was. And doc literally got fired in part for what he was doing with Harrell vs Zubac tbh
I stand corrected.

But even if Zu had been playing 25 min a night against 2020 versions of Javale and Dwight, Zu still getting worked in the paint.

Harrell, the 6th man of the year at the time was giving the team something like 18 ppg off the bench so I don't blame Doc for playing Trezz more than Zu at the 5.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom