The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

I don’t know if this is true or not but I just heard the Philly owners put up 5000 seats to be sold knowing they could have made a profit from New Yorkers instead of having Philly fans go.

?

I’m sorry I find it hard to blame Durant for anything. He played 75 games was 5th in the league in scoring at over 50% and 40% for 3. His playoff numbers were basically the same.

To pursue and pay that much for Beal was simply insanity and I’m sure he was like wtf. It made zero sense.

But you blame Bron?

Make it make sense. Be consistent.

If Frank is going to be your head coach you need strong leadership in the locker room. Frank isn't a "throw chairs and yell" type of coach.

But you blame Bron?

Make it make sense. Be consistent.

I understand you have an intense infatuation with Lebron James but I’ve never solely blamed Lebron for the Lakers troubles. The Lebron and KD comparison isn’t close to the same. Lebron came to the Lakers and begged for AD. KD got traded to the Suns and has zero to do with the roster.

What I’ve said is his performance at 39 is incredible but his defense stinks and his constant blaming of refs doesn’t help.

Never have I said the the major problem for the Lakers is Lebron. He’s putting up great numbers.

Durant deserves slander, but let’s see if it’s proportional to the slander Steph gets for missing the playoffs…

I understand you have an intense infatuation with Lebron James but I’ve never solely blamed Lebron for the Lakers troubles. The Lebron and KD comparison isn’t close to the same. Lebron came to the Lakers and begged for AD. KD got traded to the Suns and has zero to do with the roster.

What I’ve said is his performance at 39 is incredible but his defense stinks and his constant blaming of refs doesn’t help.

Never have I said the the major problem for the Lakers is Lebron. He’s putting up great numbers.

Really? That's the stance you're going to take? Zero contribution to roster construction?

Suns will just run it back next year with a new coach

After next year, they will probably have to make a major personal decision if things don't work out

People are exaggerating how screwed they are. Acting like they are dead in the water until the 2030s.

I don't understand how they are anything less than screwed.

1. They don't control any other draft picks for the next six seasons

2. They don't have any assets to trade outside of their core four players (KD, Booker, Beal and Allen)

3. Their current roster that got swept in the first round already puts them above the second apron which makes it even more difficult to make changes on the fringes of the roster.

4. They have the worst contract in the league on the books for the next three seasons and Beal has a no trade clause so it will make it even more difficult to move him

5. This season was basically best case scenario for this roster as currently constructed. 35-year-old Kevin Durant played 77 games at a high level, Beal was the healthiest he has been in many years and Book played at his usual all NBA level and they still got swept in the first round. I can see many scenarios where Durant experiences age-related decline and Beal goes back to being injured and they win 35 games

You can make the argument that Phoenix is in one of the worst positions of any team in the league

Beal isn’t even an asset he’s immovable for two years

If you don’t trade Durant now his value will go way down even after next year

They’re in a bad spot

Ideally you hope a new coach unlocks something offensively but the defense seems like the issue at hand

Oneale and nurkic aren’t enough, if you try to upgrade either of them defensively, not sure who realistically could cover all their holes

I wonder how much their tax bill is?

Back
Top Bottom