The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Id say MLB is

just look at their homepage

1716218632352.png

Yea, idk how you call the NBA global and not MLB :lol:

Because Europe sucks at baseball?

Id say MLB is

just look at their homepage

1716218632352.png

Yea include Japan, Korea, Taiwan…

But they’re only “global” when they have a star of theirs in the MLB.

If not they follow their own teams.

NBA still is the only league that a kid from France, or Africa, or China is staying up all night and waking up in the morning to watch an NBA

Ant is what people loved about Ja but without the gun play. Ja was acting like a rapper instead of a NBA player. Ja and Zion had it on a platter. Hence the huge Nike contracts. Nike run the league. They just blew it

Yea include Japan, Korea, Taiwan…

But they’re only “global” when they have a star of theirs in the MLB.

If not they follow their own teams.

NBA still is the only league that a kid from France, or Africa, or China is staying up all night and waking up in the morning to watch an NBA
There's literally a record drawing World Baseball Classic that goes against everything you just said

The way the cap is, and the the amount of injuries with the 82 games and how physically demanding it is now

I don't think we are gunna see a lot of dynasties. it would take insane luck.

more and more championships are gunna be decided by who is healthy at the end.

and younger players who are healthy are gunna win more rings.

Nasty double standard. But I agree time for him to hoop.
He can easily get back to the mountain top. Just move like a business and not like Pac.

Tatum just plays with his kid and shoots sidestep jumpers. It’s always basketball with him. And clearly it has nothing to do with how you grew up because those roles are clearly flipped

The Gobert trade might have been prescient

given how the league is now, if you draft a young star player it might be smarter to make win now moves earlier

because with the injuries and cap and the uncertainty of the draft. you just never know.

like OKC in hindsight should have made the win now move. You don't know what the future holds, SGA is good enough to be the main guy on a championship winning team.

no sense in making more draft picks or praying people stay healthy when you can win today.

Anyone else read that Scott Foster feature? On a phone so can't copy/paste well but I kinda feel for dude.

Me too man. He’s a cornball but he’s a good dude. He’s been through a lot with losing his mom and a lot of family lost in the last couple years. Big KAT fan

Would be lowkey hilarious if he won a chip before Jimmy also.

I thought the Gobert trade, it was too early in Ants development for that.

but you get the right match up a couple injuries and you are in the finals.

praying you draft right and the CBA doesn't break apart your team and nobody gets hurt...way too much uncertainty.

like OKC in hindsight should have made the win now move. You don't know what the future holds, SGA is good enough to be the main guy on a championship winning team.

no sense in making more draft picks or praying people stay healthy when you can win today.

I genrally agree with striking while the iron is hot but what move should OKC have made? Which specific needle mover was available?

Also have to figure other GM's are asking for an overpay, given how much ammo Presti has.

I genrally agree with striking while the iron is hot but what move should OKC have made? Which specific needle mover was available?

Also have to figure other GM's are asking for an overpay, given how much ammo Presti has.

Ill concede the move might not have been available.

but if i could have like 4x overpaid for like Lauri Markkanen I would have done it.

There's literally a record drawing World Baseball Classic that goes against everything you just said

Which was a huge success. Amazing. The players cared about about than the MLB.

But the Caribbean is part of North America man :lol:

Outside of North America - it’s Venezuela and a couple Asian countries.

That’s as far as the MLB goes man.

When you find an alpha and you have a halfway competent co-star, you push your chips in.

The longer you wait, the more your stars make and the harder it is to make the necessary moves on the fringes.

If you're sitting on your hands waiting, you've lost.

I'll never understand or vibe with the panic over picks in 2030 or 2031 that'll be used on kids in 8th grade today.

Back
Top Bottom