The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

I don't even know the point of this post. What point are you trying to push back on?

So what about Trump?

A lot of people Ant want to sell products so hate Trump.

Most college-educated middle and upper-middle-class people have more socially progressive views, so mocking gay people is not a good PR look. Talking disrespectfully toward a woman going through with an abortion is not a good look.

I am not saying he is not marketable. He clearly is.

I am saying he should not make any more goofs in the future if he wants to be marketed to as broad of an audience as possible.

Negative PR for business especially if it becomes a habit

It is a pretty innocuous take. And one Ant seems to agree with because dude was quick to apologize in both instances

He only apologized because he was forced to. Those were his true feelings. All I’m saying is, the American public is the last sect of people who should ever talk about morality.

I mentioned Trump because he’s always been a vile and disgusting human being but the American public (damn sure not me) chose to make him the leader of the free world:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ant will have fans regardless. It’s wide open with Bron and Curry on their way out. In terms of American players.

Ant actually welcomes the challenge, unlike some USA players

Last edited:
He only apologized because he was forced to. Those were his true feelings. All I’m saying is, the American public is the last sect of people who should ever talk about morality.

I mentioned Trump because he’s always been a vile and disgusting human being but the American public (damn sure not me) chose to make him the leader of the free world:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ant will have fans regardless
And no one is disputing this

Again, I don't even know what point you are trying to push back on.

You seem to not responding to what I am saying, but some strawman.

I am saying if he wants to be marketed to the mainstream, (to be a face of the League) which means the largest audience possible, and constant negative press will undermine that.

I am not disputing that he is currently marketable, I am not disputing he will always have fans.

All I am saying is he needs to not stupidly put negative stories out there of himself going forward or else he risk gaining a negative reputation with some NBA fans.

I doubt Ant, his reps, his sponsors, and the League want to limit the audience he can appeal too.

So if he truly is a homophobe and misogynist, then Adidas, Coca Cola and the NBA would probably prefer if he kept that **** to himself

Liberal people buy shoes and soda too.

Final Four

GOCEaL9WMAA4X9I.png

League office loving this :lol:

Really do love the level of parity that we've been getting these past 5 years in terms of title contenders at the end :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Ohhh, you gotta look like you don’t want to go home. Got it. I’ll keep an eye out for that.

I'm tryna figure out what you debating/defending. :lol:

Harden routinely quits on his teams when his offense ain't going. Literally does nothing. Ant was struggling and did more things to help his team and stayed active, that's either true or not.

Still defending Harden in 2024 is hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
The team in Utah being called the 'Jazz' for decades is still the most egregious by far :lol::stoneface:

Worse than Memphis keeping the Grizzlie name with none in existence below Idaho.

LA taking the Laker name definitely doesn't fit but they've become an iconic brand with that name so it is what it is :lol:, Minny will always be the land of 10,000 lakes regardless

I'm tryna figure out what you debating/defending. :lol:

Harden routinely quits on his teams when his offense ain't going. Literally does nothing. Ant was struggling and did more things to help his team and stayed active, that's either true or not.

Still defending Harden in 2024 is hilarious.

I’m not defending anyone. You’re defending Ant in May for some reason :lol:

The team in Utah being called the 'Jazz' for decades is still the most egregious by far :lol::stoneface:

Worse than Memphis keeping the Grizzlie name with none in existence below Idaho.

LA taking the Laker name definitely doesn't fit but they've become an iconic brand with that name so it is what it is :lol:, Minny will always be the land of 10,000 lakes regardless

1716238619277.png

1716238680168.gif

I just remembered you brought up Tatum. Tatum had 100 turnovers through one playoff run. :lol:

Let me know when Ant do that.

Well, Ant is only averaging one less turnover a game than Tatum did that postseason. Ant just needs to make it to the finals like him and he’ll be right there with him :lol:

Gordon Hayward has so little self awareness. Oldest player on the team and the only one who was negative in the presser and said his role wasnt what he thought it would be but it is what is is and he was unhappy. Dingbat played 48 minutes total and scored the same amount of points in the playoffs as me

Thing is too is he didnt even TRY to score. I remember him shooting 1 shot, dont remember any besides that.

The way the cap is, and the the amount of injuries with the 82 games and how physically demanding it is now

I don't think we are gunna see a lot of dynasties. it would take insane luck.

more and more championships are gunna be decided by who is healthy at the end.

and younger players who are healthy are gunna win more rings.
Massive shift to the game that I’m not really a fan of when it comes to talking about legacies and where players stand in the all-time lists.

Final Four

GOCEaL9WMAA4X9I.png

League office loving this :lol:

Really do love the level of parity that we've been getting these past 5 years in terms of title contenders at the end :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Yellow and blue is such a classic color combo. Truthfully I like it better than black/red or any of the other classic 2 color combos.

Massive shift to the game that I’m not really a fan of when it comes to talking about legacies and where players stand in the all-time lists.
I think the only approach is kind of what Denver tried to do, keep your core intact and draft players to replace the role players you can no longer afford.

Denver let Bruce Brown go a year early (obviously he outplayed his contract) I think they will be right back in the mix next year. Braun and Watson are the goods.

Back
Top Bottom