The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Im confused (by this not you obviously), there were 2 non-Americans drafted in the first last year :lol: and one of them was Victor

I went to the Euroleague next gen tournament this year a few months back and while the team play was kinda fun to watch, from an athleticism standpoint it wasn't even in the same league as American Highschool players, almost like a completely different game tbh
That's why I called it fear mongering because idk wtf Jalen is going on about :lol: 🤷🏿‍♂️

Especially when I posted a tweet earlier mentioning ANT, Tatum and Hali all being AAU kids earlier

It's like his post was made in freeze freeze time idk

Look at the amount of US players that have made an all star team that are in the conference finals vs International.

The fear mongering is getting out of hand

C'mon Jalen. :lol:

I remember my grandfather telling me back when we lost the 04 Olympics that euro players gonna take over and these guys over here don't know how to play "the right way".

I was sitting there like

1716265544237.png

The Wolves have said, and I have reiterated, that was the entire game plan defensively for almost the entire series. The Wolves goal in the regular season vs. Denver was to focus on his passing/assists because Jokic was always going to get his, but if they stifle Murray, MPJ and Gordon, they won't stand a chance.

You do that by freeing up Rudy to protect the rim and the entire paint, even on the perimeter vs smalls. They put KAT and Naz on Jokic not because theyre the better defender, they both have enough length and athleticism to hopefully make it less easy for Jokic. They went to crowding Jokic game 6, back to the game 1-5 strategy that worked so effectively games 1 and 2 on making sure Murray, MPJ and Gordon don't do any damage...it worked...again. Best defense in the NBA gonna have more than 1 elite defender, typically or a crazy good understanding of team defense...Wolves have both, but Rudy always been the key...that's why they made the trade. What you're saying and seeing is very surface level.
This is exactly what Vogel did with AD in 2020 when the Lakers beat DEN in the WCF.

McGee and Howard were your KAT and Naz while AD, the Lakers best rim protector, roamed free a la Rudy

The reason the Lakers haven’t beaten DEN the last two years is because the idiot franchise has him playing the 5 without any additional big man help therefore AD is using up all his energy having to guard Jokic for 40 minutes, something he never had to do 4 years ago

This is exactly what Vogel did with AD in 2020 when the Lakers beat DEN in the WCF.

McGee and Howard were your KAT and Naz while AD, the Lakers best rim protector, roamed free a la Rudy

The reason the Lakers haven’t beaten DEN the last two years is because the idiot franchise has him playing the 5 without any additional big man help therefore AD is using up all his energy having to guard Jokic for 40 minutes, something he never had to do 4 years ago
isnt it like the Kobe two peat lakers?

Got the two bigs Pau/ Bynum and the 6Moty in odom.

The veteran lefty PG

Lockdown wing in and the two way 3 level scorer. Kyle Anderson is also def the luke walton

Fish
Kobe
World Peace / Ariza
Gasol
Bynum
Odom

Not too far off from Minny

Back
Top Bottom