The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Jack totally disregarding Tony carried/engineered the Spurs offense for about four years when Duncan and Manu got old that helped get them the 2014 chip.

Right? Tony Parker was the main player on the Spurs those years. The catalyst.

Really don’t know what Jack is talking about man.

He’s way too emotional about this.

326232602_1881392592209239_6931720755847136747_n.jpg

Sixers tied for 2nd in the East after starting 1-5

Thankfully the game Saturday is a 10PM game because I’d rather watch them vs the Kangz than the playoff game lol

I will take pops word over stan when it comes to tp9

On a side note jose Alvarado worked out with tony last summer. Added a float game and beem more aggressive this year

This game is a testament to Kyrie not being a #1 (which we knew) but even moreso an indictment on the Nets roster outside of KD and KAI (if they are both healthy). Only way they’re maybe going past the second round is if they draw Philly.

ben-simmons.gif

Jack totally disregarding Tony carried/engineered the Spurs offense for about four years when Duncan and Manu got old that helped get them the 2014 chip.

yeah I don't think this is the case.

Yes Tony was the primary ball handler. but that offense was great because of the depth, ecosystem and continuity.

Tony didn't "cary" anything.

when you have teams that are based more on depth than top end talent.
imo we have a tendency to give too much credit to the primary ball handler.

Lebby’s resting pissed off face just isn’t good for comedy. He’d make a great John Wick cameo though :nerd:

They all made sacrifices for the spurs to be great. Manu and tp probably add to their resumes with individuals accolades
Tp9 should have won fmvp if manu didn't have the mob on him or pop brought in timmy for the rebound

Stak played two short stints with spurs. Man speaks like he was part of the whole dynasty at times. We get it, timmy invited you to play paintball :lol:

yeah I don't think this is the case.

Yes Tony was the primary ball handler. but that offense was great because of the depth, ecosystem and continuity.

Tony didn't "cary" anything.

when you have teams that are based more on depth than top end talent.
imo we have a tendency to give too much credit to the primary ball handler.
Tony's paint attack helped initialize the Spurs offense from 2011-2014. 2009 was probably the start of Tony's prime when the Spurs had to remodel when Duncan/Manu got old and the role players left.

Tony's paint attack helped initialize the Spurs offense from 2011-2014. 2009 was probably the start of Tony's prime when the Spurs had to remodel when Duncan/Manu got old and the role players left.

sure yes of course, but it wasn't carrying, the offense was effective because of the overall depth of talent and how the pieces fit.

not because Tony was some devastating individual talent, running tons of TP pick and roll.
TBH Manu was still just as good as him imo.

Back
Top Bottom