The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Can't count the Rockets or OKC when they eventually shut down SGA for winning them too many games. It will be fun.

What's for sure is that Detroit will remain at the bottom. The other 2 teams will change. Spurs, Rockets, Hornets, and Orlando will all battle for the other two spots. Who knows what direction OKC will take.

nba really out here handing out dundies
Dundies GIF | Gfycat

What's for sure is that Detroit will remain at the bottom. The other 2 teams will change. Spurs, Rockets, Hornets, and Orlando will all battle for the other two spots. Who knows what direction OKC will take.

Agreed...and you are right, I forgot about the Spurs. Kind of wild that three teams have an equal chance but I understand why the league did that.

You would have think if the league made fundamental changes to disincentivize brazen tanking and owners are against adding ASG roster spots due to to the associated contract bonuses/incentives that they will eventually try to take a stand against load management but who knows. That might be too gray and sensitive of an area.

Kinda depressing to read this and come to the realization that Wembanyama will be playing for one of the teams you've mentioned here

Kinda depressing to read this and come to the realization that Wembanyama will be playing for one of the teams you've mentioned here

Why? Rockets, Spurs, Detroit and Orlando would be great landing spots for him.

Agreed...and you are right, I forgot about the Spurs. Kind of wild that three teams have an equal chance but I understand why the league did that.

You would have think if the league made fundamental changes to disincentivize brazen tanking and owners are against adding ASG roster spots due to to the associated contract bonuses/incentives that they will eventually try to take a stand against load management but who knows. That might be too gray and sensitive of an area.

I think the league was more competitive last year but I don't think it's because of the lottery odds, I think it had more to do with the Play In tournament.

And no matter what you do, I don't think you can disincentivize tanking when a player like Wemby is available. The good news is that a player of that caliber do not come often. It's him, LeBron and Shaq. Can't think of any other player in the modern era that would have half the league tank like that. It's more of an edge case.

And no matter what you do, I don't think you can disincentivize tanking when a player like Wemby is available. The good news is that a player of that caliber do not come often. It's him, LeBron and Shaq. Can't think of any other player in the modern era that would have half the league tank like that. It's more of an edge case.

I agree about not being able to disincentivize tanking when a player like Wemby is available; I was moreso speaking to the fact of actually landing him. Going from 25% chances of getting him with the worst record (2 and 3 had 16.4% and 4 had 16.3%) to the bottom three teams each having a 14% chance and the 4th having 12.5% is YUGE. The FO and logistics stuff just really interests me so I am interest to see how it shakes out in the first year with someone on that Wemby/Shaq/Lebby level.

The Kareem disrespect is crazy

Yo the Kareem disrespect is wild crazy
It really boils to a popularity contest with the fans and/or with the players.

Sadly, despite being one of the best winners in b ball history (high school, college and NBA), he didn’t endear himself to the people or his associates. Wild since he was a champion for social justice during his era. His iconic move, the Sky Hook. Appearing in the Bruce Lee and Air Plane movies.

Back
Top Bottom