The Official NBA Thread: T'Wolves-Mavs on TNT / Mavs Lead 2-0

In sports that's when an asterisk comes in. Baseball players taking PED's and the Pats rings. By your definition the 99 and 12 championships should have asterisks. When major player get injured it should be an asterisk. Those are situations are something to note, it completely changes a team.
Injuries are always a part of sports :lol: that is not an overall change to the entire season, like a sweeping mandate

If there is a lockout season- sure you can apply the asterisk since it means the entirety of the season is changed due to it. That doesn't necessarily discredit anything

I really do understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t think that’s moving goal posts :lol:. That’s the reality of the situation and why the parameters had to be put in place. So it kind of goes back to Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius question, would you rather they not finish the season?
Why does my answer matter? :lol: whether I thought the season should restart or cancel doesn't have anything to do with an asterisk

Injuries are always a part of sports :lol: that is not an overall change to the entire season

If there is a lockout season- sure you can apply the asterisk since it means the entirety of the season is changed due to it. That doesn't necessarily discredit anything

Ok so the shortened seasons got asterisks.

What about the quick restart to the Bucks chip?

No. Everybody played under the circumstances. You keep saying "the season stopped for 3 months".

Ok. basketball is basketball.

So does the Bucks chip count? Cuz that season restarted 2 months after the last. That's not different from the norm?
When has the season ever stoped for 3 months

Just because they played under the same circumstances doesn't mean anything

And we all discussed how The Bubble would impact the following season so, sure if you wanted to I guess so

In sports that's when an asterisk comes in. Baseball players taking PED's and the Pats rings. By your definition the 99 and 12 championships should have asterisks. When major player get injured it should be an asterisk. Those situations are something to note, it completely changes a team.

Can’t find a bigger Patriot Hater than me..

But WTF are you talking about? :lol:

1683491896306.png

Injuries are always a part of sports :lol: that is not an overall change to the entire season, like a sweeping mandate

This.

An injury is part of the game. Raptors win over the Dubs is not an *

:lol: the integrity was NOT compromised.
In fact it made everything about ball. Every team played under the same conditions with limited fans. To be honest this got rid of the fluke of playing at home where home fans can influence role players and the officials. The bubble stuff is funny to me that Lakers squad would’ve had home court against everyone. Playing in Staples/Crypto in the playoffs is always tough for the road team.

When has the season ever stoped for 3 months

Just because they played under the same circumstances doesn't mean anything

And we all discussed how The Bubble would impact the following season so, sure if you wanted to I guess so

It's not if I wanted. I don't put asterisk unless a team cheated or something extreme like that where there's a advantage.

It's not if I wanted. I don't put asterisk unless a team cheated or something extreme like that where there's a advantage.

Like a 6’10 30 PPG MVP who is arguably the second best player in the league joining a 73-9 team with a back to back unanimous MVP?

That type of extreme advantage?

Back
Top Bottom