The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

I respect Jimmy Butler and playoff Jimmy is a beast. However, the media needs to stop dickriding them being an 8 seed. They were 3 games out of the 5 seed. All these outlets want to talk about this Cinderella story like they were 32-50 and weren't in the ECF 2 of the prior 3 years.

WE’RE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE HERE!!!

1684418870515.gif

Herro gets hunted all the time on the other end of the court.

His absence has allowed better defenses to be put up by Miami.

Everyone knows their role and they have The Butler as their leader.

Kevin Love was a yuuuge pickup for them at the deadline.

They’re not some regular-degular 8th seed just happy to had made it.

I respect Jimmy Butler and playoff Jimmy is a beast. However, the media needs to stop dickriding them being an 8 seed. They were 3 games out of the 5 seed. All these outlets want to talk about this Cinderella story like they were 32-50 and weren't in the ECF 2 of the prior 3 years.

They were 14 games behind Milwaukee
13 games behind Boston

What is the threshhold for us to be impressed?

Nope! Keep all the same energy y’all had all year long. Don’t try to rewrite the narrative now.

Heat would be instaupgraded w/ an IQ + Dubious addition to the fold.

They out there starting Strus and Vincent; showing just how unserious they are about winning right now.

Gladly take what’s left of Lowry & that Jović kid they don’t even play.

And don’t even put this under the category of receipt pulling. A month later, now they aren’t just some happy to be here 8th seed..

• Wow
Reactions: HIM
nah, they doing it without herro. beat the number one seed and who many had as favorites to win the chip, including me. then they go into ny with a hobbled jimmy after the first game and finished them off. now they just stole game one on celtics floor. not sure a few days ago tatum looked like all world.

They were 14 games behind Milwaukee
13 games behind Boston

What is the threshhold for us to be impressed?

The Lakers were 7th seed and 10 games behind the Nuggets. Why is that not a talking point but the 8 seed Heat is? Bc they have 90 year old Lebron?

The Lakers were 7th seed and 10 games behind the Nuggets. Why is that not a talking point but the 8 seed Heat is? Bc they have 90 year old Lebron?
i called it from the beginning of the season that the lakers were going to be a good team despite their w/l record. they were competitive in their losses. once the midseason trade happened and the team played well when bron was out, you started to see how good they really were.

no disrespect, but if you watch the game and analyze it, you knew they were a good squad. remove the hot take and bs aside, you saw the talent they had and you can never count out a team with two hall of fame players. a motivated and healthy AD with bron is a tough out

i called it from the beginning of the season that the lakers were going to be a good team despite their w/l record. they were competitive in their losses. once the midseason trade happened and the team played well when bron was out, you started to see how good they really were.

no disrespect, but if you watch the game and analyze it, you knew they were a good squad. remove the hot take and bs aside, you saw the talent they had and you can never count out a team with two hall of fame players. a motivated and healthy AD with bron is a tough out

You could say the same about the Heat. Their roster is basically identical to the roster that took them to the ECF last year. We're acting like they made the ECF with stars that are no longer there. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome that Jimmy is carrying them like he is, but my comment was about the media overdoing it. All you see is "the EIGHT SEED Miami Heat win game 1...did we mention they were the EIGHT SEED???"

nba so good. they throw out a story saying victor is the greatest prospect and all these shows and blog boys eating it up :lol:

Nope! Keep all the same energy y’all had all year long. Don’t try to rewrite the narrative now.

And don’t even put this under the category of receipt pulling. A month later, now they aren’t just some happy to be here 8th seed..
2 things can be true at once, genius.

You could say the same about the Heat. Their roster is basically identical to the roster that took them to the ECF last year. We're acting like they made the ECF with stars that are no longer there. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome that Jimmy is carrying them like he is, but my comment was about the media overdoing it. All you see is "the EIGHT SEED Miami Heat win game 1...did we mention they were the EIGHT SEED???"
yes, to the casual viewer. you know not everyone that is watching are following the sport like most in here. that is how you market the heat gms. you build storylines and scripts so it is sports entertainment that people can follow from game to game.
do you just want them to say the nba is showing a game between the boston celtics and miami heat? where is the draw in that?

lakers are never "underdogs" and "cinderellas"
they are showtime and should be presented as that. they are top in the business regardless of record.

Back
Top Bottom