The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

I dont like any of the moves the Rockets did. About to be the worst shooting team in the league. Maybe they get into the play-in if the core stays healthy.

That Memphis Rose pickup. HUGE. Best vet Ja can have.
What do you think they should have done with the amount they had to spend?

Maybe Seth Curry?

What do you think they should have done with the amount they had to spend?

Maybe Seth Curry?

Do what the Pistons did last year. Overpay a bunch of vets with 1-2 year deals just to stay competitive and not tank.

I'm curious what other teams were giving FVV and Brooks these types of contracts.

Do what the Pistons did last year. Overpay a bunch of vets with 1-2 year deals just to stay competitive and not tank.

I'm curious what other teams were giving FVV and Brooks these types of contracts.
I mean FVV is a team option for that 3rd year?

Brooks, meh we’ll see how it works out but the culture needed a shift and FVV/Brooks gives you that. Jock is on a one year deal pretty much.

Had to spend it somewhere and enough to win to not give OKC that pick. We do like the pistons do and give the 5th pick to OKC?

Not sure what type of culture Brooks brings, that thing backfired on a much better team.

You just invested a top 5 pick in your supposed future PG.

Unless Sengun turns into an all star, not a fan of these moves for the short or long term.

I mean FVV is a team option for that 3rd year?

Brooks, meh we’ll see how it works out but the culture needed a shift and FVV/Brooks gives you that. Jock is on a one year deal pretty much.

Had to spend it somewhere and enough to win to not give OKC that pick. We do like the pistons do and give the 5th pick to OKC?
don’t see the issue with giving the youngsters a better chance of winning. However much winning that is, just a bonus

If your gripe is losing some young pieces I’d understand that a tad more

Other than that you’re really not sabotaging things or stuck paying stupid contracts

Brooks can easily be traded

Next years draft is weak

Folks up in arms for no real reason

I dont like any of the moves the Rockets did. About to be the worst shooting team in the league. Maybe they get into the play-in if the core stays healthy.

That Memphis Rose pickup. HUGE. Best vet Ja can have.

Lakers have a backcourt of Reaves, D'Lo and Vincent for the same price as they do FVV. I mean Fred is a good vet but moving the needle for a young team to that degree, I'm not sure.

But they did have to spend money on somebody, just seeing him get more than Myrie is pretty crazy.

rockets improved their roster this offseason. they'll be more competitive, but i just don't think they will make that giant leap. i could see them improve and win 25-30 games this year. baby steps, but to me it will not show in the win column.

Lakers have a backcourt of Reaves, D'Lo and Vincent for the same price as they do FVV. I mean Fred is a good vet but moving the needle for a young team to that degree, I'm not sure.

But they did have to spend money on somebody, just seeing him get more than Myrie is pretty crazy.
So you’re saying the rockets could have had those 3 instead of fvv

Not sure that’s how that works…

And you guys really thinking Irving is a better use of money and fit than fvv at that 2 year guarantee?

Gripes just to gripe

Who cares if they don’t end up in the playoffs. That’s such a horrible thing?

Kyrie doesn’t want to play PG, will pick and choose when he wants to play, and destroy an already immature locker room.

FOR THE ROCKETS FVV > kyrie

I love the FVV deal. Jalen and Jabari will improve from championship vet that knows how to run an offense. Plus you get to bring amen along slowly, as we’ve seen throwing the rookies straight into the fire hasn’t really made them more advanced. Probably hurt their growth playing that disorganized basketball.

Plus stockpiling too much into middle of the road vets would then take more minutes away from the youngsters

Adding two starters is just the right amount to this group. Not trying to see Reaves Vincent and ratsull added to this rocket core

Nobody is really getting ran out of place. Amen needs to learn how to shoot

Back
Top Bottom