The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Im like fine wine. My hairline hasn't receded one bit since back in the early 90s lol

Photos courtesy of the Long Beach Press Telegram circa 1990-91. Found a couple classic color pics tho. I ain't that that old :lol:

Had a fadeaway just like Mike. Peep the OG Carmines
20240111_123024.jpg
20240111_122945.jpg
20240111_122926.jpg
20240111_122912.jpg
20240111_122726.jpg
20211204_223732.jpg
Dominguez hills? I like how uh, different the types of students were there during your time compared to what I knew of Dominguez in the early 2000’s lol

Which LB schools were you going up against?? Shoutout my hood

Kind of disappointing that Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 is a fellow small PG but does all of this cheerleading for bigs.

Never forget when you came from
How is that disappointing when I know first-hand that basketball will always be a big man's game?

Just so you know, I was pulling up from 28 feet on 3-on-1 fast breaks in the 90s doing Steph Curry things before Steph even hit puberty

Also low key I think the 2006 Pistons would be way better now.

Rip Hamilton, Chauncey, and Rasheed would shoot way more 3's.
bench had good shooting, Delk, Delfino, Maurice Evans,
Tayshaun was a solid corner guy, that's enough shooting to cover for Ben Wallace.

They would be able to play 5 out with Rasheed at center,
and Rasheed had the bulk to guard traditional 5's leaving Ben Wallace to roam.

I think with modern strategy they'd be a contender today.

Also low key I think the 2006 Pistons would be way better now.

Rip Hamilton, Chauncey, and Rasheed would shoot way more 3's.
bench had good shooting, Delk, Delfino, Maurice Evans,
Tayshaun was a solid corner guy, that's enough shooting to cover for Ben Wallace.

They would be able to play 5 out with Rasheed at center,
and Rasheed had the bulk to guard traditional 5's leaving Ben Wallace to roam.

I think with modern strategy they'd be a contender today.

Don't forget they had to OG Joker aswel... Darko.

Dominguez hills? I like how uh, different the types of students were there during your time compared to what I knew of Dominguez in the early 2000’s lol

Which LB schools were you going up against?? Shoutout my hood
Long Beach area schools I used to play against frequently:

Poly
Wilson
Jordan
Millikan
St. Anthony
Lakewood High

I also played against Gahr, Artesia, Lynnwood, Dominguez, Paramount, Bellflower, Norwalk, Downey, Warren often.

Your teammates must’ve hated you
Teammates loved it. Coach hated it.

I clearly remember a game where the coach pulled me from the game for missing a three on a fastbreak even though I had already made like 4 treys up to that point. He didn't start me to start the 3rd quarter and didn't put me in until like 2 min left in the 3rd. My Pops, who was filming the game, got in my coach's face during a timeout and told him he better put me back in if he wanted to win (I was thr 2nd leading scorer on my team during the game). Long story short, we lost the game cause by the time coach put me back in, we were down big. Coach was trying to prove a point to the rest of the team. His thing was to go inside-out even though our center and power forward were like 6'3" and 6'2" respectively and we was playing against dudes like 6'10" Avondre Jones, 6'6" Charles O'Bannon, 6'6" Tommie Prince (Tayshaun older brother), 6'5" Schea Cotton, etc etc.

Our coach was an idiot lol

But after that game and after my dad had a talk with him during practice the day after, the coach never did it again.

RIP to my late great Pops.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom