The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Nash was the better offensive engine, but Rondo could impact the game more with his activity.

Steve does?:lol:
Two MVP's even if you don't think he should have won it, being a runner up isn't bad. Led his team to top seeds in a historically tough west. Unless you subscribe to its either championship or failure. No rings or finals appearances (?). I'll take his accomplishments over Rondo 10 out 10.

Was that not his job though?

He couldn't really shoot ever :lol:, he just maximized what he could do well with his great vision.

On squads with a bunch of shooters and scoring talent, spamming assists was basically exactly what you needed out of your primary ball handler.
Not sure you're old enough to remember but it was blatant assist hunting his last few years with Boston

Not sure you're old enough to remember but it was blatant assist hunting his last few years with Boston
I remember that it wasn't too much of a big thing until he got Bron really good in that Cavs series before he left :lol:

He started passing up out of scoring opportunities more often after but I don't think it was a big issue in Boston. Maybe during his Pels and Lakers days

Nah it was definitley a talking point while he was in Boston. On one hand he was doing his best to keep the offense afloat, but he was passing up layups to get assists.

The counting stats looked nice until you dove into the impact stats and not so great.

What you guys don’t think the Knicks can beat the Cavs again? They barely had Julius last year.

OG is really the key. If he can’t come back then it’s really lights out.

Sharing this Jericho video with my wife to prove that, yes, I DO have an athletic build.
1712262078894.png

What you guys don’t think the Knicks can beat the Cavs again? They barely had Julius last year.

OG is really the key. If he can’t come back then it’s really lights out.
Don’t think anyone cares about a first round win.. but yeah beating a flailing cavs team wouldn’t be surprising

Don’t think anyone cares about a first round win.. but yeah beating a flailing cavs team wouldn’t be surprising

If they can avoid Boston until the ECG anything is possible.

It’s really anything is possible with any team in the East if they avoid Boston.

so did derrick rose

rondos strong personality is a reason why he couldnt/wouldnt stick with some teams

Derrick Rose was trash when he started getting traded around, Rondo was serviceable once he left the Celtics, but not a superstar or anything like that.

I was pretty sure rondo would vanish into oblivion after the mavericks season

His play was also going way down

The Sacramento year surprised me probably salvaged his career and I think the pels he did solidly

The bulls year was the mutiny right

He was an afterthought pretty much from that point right?

Rondo started getting bounced around the league at like 28-29 :lol:

You’re telling nobody wanted to keep a guy who’s THAT good? Be forreal
the thing with rondo is IMO his value is added when you are a contender and need someone to be the glue for the team
he adds no value to a team like the pistons because if they win 5-10 more games they'll still be outta the playoff picture
but if u add him to a team like dallas, phoenix, milwaukee etc they will be even legit contenders

Back
Top Bottom