The Official NBA Thread: Mavericks-T'Wolves Game 1 on TNT

^^^ Eh, I was glad he didn’t get suspended. I want to see all the best players playing.

And it’s not like Murray has a track record of being a habitual line-stepper like Draymond or PatBev, etc. $100K is a reasonable penalty for what he did, IMO.
Seriously. Let's protect the integrity of the game itself. I wanna see the players play.

Again ,my main problem I got with Murray's punishment is that he didn't get fined more

If you are gonna chose not to suspend him because it is the playoffs, cool, but you gotta run his pockets because what he did was outrageous

^^^ Eh, I was glad he didn’t get suspended. I want to see all the best players playing.

And it’s not like Murray has a track record of being a habitual line-stepper like Draymond or PatBev, etc. $100K is a reasonable penalty for what he did, IMO.
I seen posts in here complaining he was playing. I think NT categorizes this as f.e.a.r.

I get not wanting to swing a playoff series with an ejection or suspension.

On the other hand though, I really don't think the game should be officiated differently based on the calendar or time/score. Not calling a foul has just as much, maybe even more, of an impact on the game as calling it. A non-basketball play is a non-basketball play.

On the other hand though, I really don't think the game should be officiated differently based on the calendar or time/score. Not calling a foul has just as much, maybe even more, of an impact on the game as calling it. A non-basketball play is a non-basketball play.

True, but it dont work like that you know that. Circumstances matter when they shoudnt.

If they were up 2-0, im thinking he gets suspended. If someone actually got injured or even slipped and fell (without an injury) thats def a suspension as well. Regular season, suspension.

The champs down 0-2 going on the road? You know damn well Silver wont let that happen.

I hear you. But warnings are allowed for bad behaviors. Not every crime you commit gets life in prison. Parking tickets exist. Etc.

For a guy who's never really been that guy I'm fine with a warning. I also thought the Draymond suspension was ridiculous.

These things marr series. I rather we control the best players playing as much as we possibly can. We already have to deal with injuries, random acts of fate that they are. Let's not interject more things.

I agree with RustyShackleford RustyShackleford ..just run that man's pockets.

Most exceptional athletes can play most sports well and can be taught to. It's why it's called athletics... Athletes do it. Conversation is silly. The anger is silly.
no they can't
jordan is arguably the best basketball player ever and was did not 'play well' at baseball

ppl on here just be talkin :lol:

yea, idk how you don’t have energy and think it’s “no big deal”

Sounding like the MJ of PGs with that one

The Mavs Thunder game really gotta be put on this early? :smh:
Noon basketball?

GEtY_T.gif

Wish it was on earlier tbh

My problem is, lets say he threw that towel and potentially ANT landed on it tore his ACL and his whole career was derailed.
By not assigning a suspension for putting not only the opposing players at great risk but also his own teammates its sets bad precedent.
the behavior although luckily did not cause bodily harm, the potential was there. Whether its playoffs or not.

although in the history of basketball i am sure its occurred very few times, the way we have to approach risk is we must mitigate as much as we can, because it only takes on incident for something nasty to happen

FYI i come from a cybersecurity background where we treat incidents very seriously because one hiccup can lead to an organization being compromised, Murray should have been made an example of that has no place in any form of competition.

Back
Top Bottom