The Official NBA Thread: Mavericks-T'Wolves Game 1 on TNT

Dallas got a good balanced squad and can beat anybody. That trade for Gafford and PJ did wonders for them. They'd be down 3-0 to OKC without them and this injured version of Luka. So Luka finally got help

442494723_832123715616690_2305930252380051055_n.jpg

It's funny because there are people who ask "who would want these head coaching jobs? Especially in situations where you may be fired one year into your 5-year contract?"

This is the answer. There's always the chance where you are successful and you coach for a long time and potentially win championships but even if you don't you are getting paid.

It's funny because there are people who ask "who would want these head coaching jobs? Especially in situations where you may be fired one year into your 5-year contract?"

This is the answer. There's always the chance where you are successful and you coach for a long time and potentially win championships but even if you don't you are getting paid.
We dont know if it’s guaranteed or partially guaranteed though… Unlike players where we know most of the details of their salary

Dallas got a good balanced squad and can beat anybody. That trade for Gafford and PJ did wonders for them. They'd be down 3-0 to OKC without them and this injured version of Luka. So Luka finally got help
So did the Mavs goof by letting porzingis and brunson go or did they actually finally get help

Hmm

Garland was SCARED last night

Devante Adams and Michael Crabtree both decent hoopers BTW. I love the NFL/NBA debate

Why are people so in their feels about the NBA/NFL debate? As athletic as Anthony Edwards is, it's NFL receivers that can't get open on NFL DB's. Micah Parsons or Myles Garrett can score 40 in a celebrity game but they're not scoring on an NBA defense.

**** is stupid.

Why are people so in their feels about the NBA/NFL debate? As athletic as Anthony Edwards is, it's NFL receivers that can't get open on NFL DB's. Micah Parsons or Myles Garrett can score 40 in a celebrity game but they're not scoring on an NBA defense.

**** is stupid.

I was just talking with my brother about this. I think there are some NBA players who could make it in the NFL, although the number isn't 30 like Austin Rivers said. Part of it is simply the fact that the NFL has more players and thus more opportunities, 1700 NFL players versus 450 NBA players.

There's also precedent for players who did not play college football to have success in the NFL (college basketball players, rugby players, etc) and there is no precedent for players who didn't play high level basketball making the NBA.

Jason Kelce makes the argument that if NFL players could play in the NBA, they would be playing in the NBA. NBA players make 2.5x as much on average and they don't destroy their bodies, if any NFL player could play in the NBA they would make the jump immediately.

Last edited:
IMG_4094.png

“In addition to playing football at DuPont High School, Moss was twice named West Virginia Player of the Year in basketball (in 1994 when he was co-player of the year and in 1995), where he was a teammate of future NBA player Jason Williams. In his senior season of basketball, Moss averaged 30.2 points, 13.7 rebounds, 5.1 steals, 3.8 blocks, and 3.1 assists while shooting 60% from field; he scored a school-record 1,713 career points.“

All I know is one year we had the best varsity football team in Queens and the best varsity basketball team in Queens.

About 50 dudes from the football team tried out for the basketball team and not one made it.

Again… it’s only OL/DL or TEs….

We haven’t seen hoopers transition into any other positions professionally. It’s always linemen and TEs.

I know Jalen Suggs was all state in football, Gary Harris was a good player too.

But when those NFL scouts go to scout college hoopers, it’s always dudes who play in the trenches or TE

Not skill positions like QB/WR/DB/RB

no one is saying they have become All Pro Starters so y’all cold trippin if you don’t think guys can make that transistion to the gridiron.

IMG_4094.png

“In addition to playing football at DuPont High School, Moss was twice named West Virginia Player of the Year in basketball (in 1994 when he was co-player of the year and in 1995), where he was a teammate of future NBA player Jason Williams. In his senior season of basketball, Moss averaged 30.2 points, 13.7 rebounds, 5.1 steals, 3.8 blocks, and 3.1 assists while shooting 60% from field; he scored a school-record 1,713 career points.“

All I know is one year we had the best varsity football team in Queens and the best varsity basketball team in Queens.

About 50 dudes from the football team tried out for the basketball team and not one made it.
These two posts which were b2b is fitting for this topic

went back to see how this debated started. it really baffles me how sensitive some athletes are
nfl players were in their feelings. maybe, it was where the message was coming from in austin rivers :lol:
dude was just shooting a hot take in an interview and nfl guys made it kinda personal instead of having fun with it

Back
Top Bottom