The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

Wild Jalen Brown getting paid that much… we gonna see 500 mill for 13 point, 4 rebound guys soon lol

He’d be great after Bron retires and he gets to run the show. So from that perspective, sure.

But until then, when it’s time to win a title, it’s going to be the Bron show and D’Lo will struggle if you ask him to play like a traditional, true 2 guard. Watching somebody else on the ball going to work consistently.

That Brooklyn game was a perfect example of that. 2nd half looked like the Denver series all over again.

Something to keep in mind if they trade for Dejounte. He’s also not somebody who is going to perform well playing Bron Ball :lol:

Yeah, Dejounte is another clunky fit for this Lakers team.

If anything they should be trying for someone like Brogdon.

Not a coincidence that DZB having his best game of the season against the Blazers; trying to beat those trade allegations. :lol:

Familiar

IMG_4060.jpeg

1705928398951.gif

This little run D’Lo has gone on, good for him. He’s going out swinging.

But what do the Lakers honestly think they can get for him?

Scoot is one of the weirder rookies of recent classes

He simply was hyped up wayyyy too much. That exhibition game where he showed off against Wemby really warped people's expectations of him. He's not a bust, he can still make some All-Star teams down the line, but the way people dragged Brandon Miller and Charlotte for taking him was too much. They're both on the same tier as far as prospects are concerned, and the Hornets already had LaMelo. Why add another point guard when there was a wing that fits perfectly with LaMelo? It just never made sense to me.

He simply was hyped up wayyyy too much. That exhibition game where he showed off against Wemby really warped people's expectations of him. He's not a bust, he can still make some All-Star teams down the line, but the way people dragged Brandon Miller and Charlotte for taking him was too much. They're both on the same tier as far as prospects are concerned, and the Hornets already had LaMelo. Why add another point guard when there was a wing that fits perfectly with LaMelo? It just never made sense to me.
I’m still going to be stubborn and hold on to thinking he can be a franchise point guard but I understand where you’re coming from

And people still need to apologize to Brandon miller for what they said about him before the draft lol

If it turns out that Miller was actually a good pick over scoot I’ll say it but for now it’s still early

There’s times when scoot looks hella comfortable getting to his spots off the dribble and completely nonchalant about it

We like to write off rookies or downplay how good they can be. I get why people are saying he was overhyped though. He had a rocky second g league season

At this point it’s just eye test with scoot

I’m still going to be stubborn and hold on to thinking he can be a franchise point guard but I understand where you’re coming from

And people still need to apologize to Brandon miller for what they said about him before the draft lol

If it turns out that Miller was actually a good pick over scoot I’ll say it but for now it’s still early

There’s times when scoot looks hella comfortable getting to his spots off the dribble and completely nonchalant about it

We like to write off rookies or downplay how good they can be. I get why people are saying he was overhyped though. He had a rocky second g league season

My brother tried to tell y’all but people thought he was trying to deliver hot takes

Something to keep in mind if they trade for Dejounte. He’s also not somebody who is going to perform well playing Bron Ball :lol:

I looked quick earlier this week at Murray when he shoots less than 15 shots. Because Trae can give a somewhat accurate predictor of having to take a backseat whether it’s to Bron or AD. Completely different players, but still forces Murray to play second fiddle.
31 games for the Hawks 14 and some change FGA average per game. 15.6 points.

Nobody outside of Westbrook has averaged over 13 shots per game during the Bron/AD era. And Westbrook did 1. Because he don’t care. 2. One of the seasons, Bron and AD almost missed a full season combined.

Clunky fit and based on a resume that’s 3 years old.

Yeah ngl I was a "Scoot hater" (mainly bc of how they tried to play my boy Miller) but atp I feel sorry for him, people placed expectations on him that were too high, and now people are quick to call him a bust. I never thought he would be a bust; I do see the vision, he's a good passer. But I trust my own eyes when evaluating talent, and I just didn't see everything people were hyping him up to be. We'll see what happens once they move on from Chauncey as coach and how they build the roster from here.

Back
Top Bottom