The Official NBA Thread: Mavs v Celtics in the NBA Finals | elpablo21 is Taking Receipts

How does the cap work when it comes to Bruce brown coming byke to the nuggets

They couldn’t keep him in the first place due to money but now they can get him byke?

Reminds me of the warriors and Payton to a lesser degree

This is why I never understand the cap lmao
something about them not being able to offer 120% of his previous salary since he had signed for the mid level.
same thing that happened with the lakers/malik monk

guessing it would cost them kcp and reggie plus picks

something about them not being able to offer 120% of his previous salary since he had signed for the mid level.
same thing that happened with the lakers/malik monk

guessing it would cost them kcp and reggie plus picks
Oof, no don’t do that trade then lol

It makes sense now in terms of yeah you’d have to give up a starter to get him back

At that point it’s kind of lateral

how long are we gonna celebrate addict4sneakers addict4sneakers ' birthday?
:lol:
He can draw Social Security now so we're keeping it up longer for the OG.

You’re looking for the turkey plug while I found the fountain of youth

IMG_0406.gif

I wonder how big Quin Snyder's voice is with the Atlanta front office...If I were him, I would push to trade Trae. The return you're going to get for him would be significant and I just can't see any road map for being that good in the next few years. Hit the restart button, build around Jalen Johnson, and try to get a top pick in what should be a couple loaded upcoming drafts (Flagg/Bailey/Boozer etc.)

I was a big Trae promoter coming out of Oklahoma cause I thought a lot of people were nastily pushing the bust label on him for some reason and while he's a very good player, he is one that makes building a team around very difficult because it's early impissible to build a real defense him.

However, I think the one team that would be a very obvious fit and a nice trade partner would be Orlando. Could offer a package around Black + expiring contracts + 3-4 first rounder's pretty easily. And I think it would give Orlando the shooting and creator they've been looking for while supplying Trae with the defensive protection that he kind of needs to succeed.
Late to the conversation but if Atlanta is smart, they would pitch Trae to SA and ask for their picks back. I've seen several places that the reason why Brooklyn won't do a hard reset is bc they don't have any of their own picks until 2028; SA owns Atl's for the next 3 years, all unprotected. Get back your picks for Trae and tank for the next couple years is a better idea to me than to try to make it work with Trae when everybody knows it's just not working out. But I doubt Atlanta even entertains this, they're gonna end up in a Bradley Beal situation.

I like Trae a lot, he's very disrespected, but he's not a No. 1 option. I think pairing him with Wemby would be great for the sport. They would work very well with each other, and again, I don't think SA has to give up anything besides giving Atlanta their picks back.
They aren’t giving Atlanta those picks back. Too valuable. Gonna have to settle for something else.

He’d be great after Bron retires and he gets to run the show. So from that perspective, sure.

But until then, when it’s time to win a title, it’s going to be the Bron show and D’Lo will struggle if you ask him to play like a traditional, true 2 guard. Watching somebody else on the ball going to work consistently.

That Brooklyn game was a perfect example of that. 2nd half looked like the Denver series all over again.

Something to keep in mind if they trade for Dejounte. He’s also not somebody who is going to perform well playing Bron Ball :lol:
The problem is that even if Bron wasn’t there, how much of DLo’s career has shown that him being your primary facilitator will lead to winning basketball?

I haven’t watched the Hawks at all. Is Dejounte that much of an upgrade specifically for the Lakers? Is Lebron going to let him do his thing? When the playoffs comes around I don’t see Lebron getting off ball.

This feels like desperation.

Also insanity how the Lakers view Reaves. Seems like the league views him similarly.

White privilege is REAL :lol:

Somebody gets it.

DJM really isn't an upgrade and Reaves isn't as good as many think he is. But this is the situation LAL is in. Their are better moves to be made, but there's issues you run into when it seems you're being desperate and everyone knows you've got to make a move.

Somebody gets it.

DJM really isn't an upgrade and Reaves isn't as good as many think he is. But this is the situation LAL is in. Their are better moves to be made, but there's issues you run into when it seems you're being desperate and everyone knows you've got to make a move.
Ok if Reaves ain’t as good as many think he is then where are these so called better moves …. Who gonna trade you a better piece than Murray for whatever “assets” you have

They aren’t giving Atlanta those picks back. Too valuable. Gonna have to settle for something else.
Then I feel bad for Trae then bc if BKN ain't moving Mikal bc they don't own their own picks then I know dam well the Hawks finna do the same. Again, another Beal situation where by the time they move on, they're gonna get back low value.

Back
Top Bottom