The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Draymond the best defender of the last 10 years and the lead distributor of one of the best offenses we’ve ever seen :lol:

Folks get real weird when it comes to him.

I don't know why y'all keep pushing this. :lol:

AD is way better rim protector than Dray. He covers way more ground and he can defend the perimeter.

I remember dudes was saying Dray is better than Pacers Ron Artest. That let me know a lot. :lol:
Of course Draymond is better.

Even if you think they are relatively similar defensively, Draymond plays a much more valuable defensive position.

Artests individual offense might be better but how much does that matter? You don't want him as your 1st option, you prob don't even want him second.

Draymond is more addictive and impactful because he can elevate other players.

Draymonds been able to play point gaurd on second units. elevate guys like Jordan Poole, his chemistry with Steph is unmatched ect.

Draymonds a HOF. Ron is hall of very good.

I'm convinced there is a conspiracy against Tim Legler, every time I hear him speak I learn about a new facet of the game I never knew. He's the best in the business. Full stop. I don't know how he's not more visible doing commentary on prime time games and within Sportscenter, maybe because he doesn't partake in hyperbole?

The discussion was about modern players being more skilled.

I personally just don’t think that players from 1980 - the present day are that much far apart than each other in terms of skills.

If some want to argue the 50s, 60s, and early 70s, go ahead.

But again, the current NBA has guys like Pat Beverly, Boban, Andre Drummond, etc.

The skills are on par IMO. Now the pace and style of play can be different, but the skills of dudes from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s and currently are close to equal than people like to admit

I mentioned a guy like Tayshaun Prince

I'm convinced there is a conspiracy against Tim Legler, every time I hear him speak I learn about a new facet of the game I never knew. He's the best in the business. Full stop. I don't know how he's not more visible doing commentary on prime time games and within Sportscenter, maybe because he doesn't partake in hyperbole?
Think he prioritized being present for his family, but he's been more visible this year. He's got his ESPN gig, podcast with JJ Redick on Mondays and co-hosts another NBA podcast.

I personally just don’t think that players from 1980 - the present day are that much far apart than each other in terms of skills.

But again, the current NBA has guys like Pat Beverly, Boban, Andre Drummond, etc.

The skills are on par IMO. Now the pace and style of play can be different, but the skills of dudes from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s and currently are close to equal than people like to admit

Those guys are specialty roles that will always be needed.

I think the evolution and elimination of the 80s-90s-early 00s power forward has really sharpened the skills of the league. Very difficult to get away with a non-spacing power forward unless you got a center that can shoot. And even then, your power forward has to have some ball skills to oil a team's offense. We got Jayson Tatum, Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant and LeBron logging minutes at power forward these days. :lol:

Please break down how Dray is a better defender than AD

He casually left off Kawhi. Kawhi has been the best defender of the past 10 years. He also left off Paul George, Jrue, Marcus Smart and PJ Tucker.

It’s Kawhi and everyone is else. Draymond falls in place somewhere behind AD, then all the other cats notably over the past 10.

Draymond has whole highlight package of dirty defensive plays. He won’t mention it though

Gonna go out on a bit of a limb here and say there will not be a 60+ scoring performance today.

Those guys are specialty roles that will always be needed.

That’s my point. Addict said those guys were SKILLED. I disagreed and he said Boban, and Andre Drummond were bad examples. I’m like how are they bad examples when they only have one specialty?

They aren’t skilled in any other areas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know why y'all keep pushing this. :lol:

AD is way better rim protector than Dray. He covers way more ground and he can defend the perimeter.

Not like there wasn’t an entire series between the 2 last year…. One team literally shifted their entire offense to get AD out of actions, the other team just bully balled and had their way against Dray

But **** it tho

He was the second best player on a 73 win team. The roles he plays are just as if not more valuable than a second scoring option, not that they didnt need both (no shot at Klay)

…. The same Draymond who got the keys to the car when Klay and Steph were out for the season and he went on to average a triple single and gave up after like 35 games?

Even Pippen took over after MJs first retirement and had a MVP caliber season and the Bulls won like 55 :lol: :lol:

2019-2020 Draymond got left on that island by himself and did absolutely nothing

Last edited:

I mostly agree. I think the big difference isn't skill per se, but skillset. The older guys had similar skill, but more players these days have a wider skillset. I feel like 80s-90s was more focused on individual roles...you stuck with your main skill whereas now, the game asks of you for more versatility.

Back
Top Bottom