The Official NBA Thread

He'd help them a lot. He'd get Wemby a lot of easy looks. He's still an elite passer (at least in the regular season). I definitely see what you are saying. He honestly had a great regular season. I just think his limitations physically, athletically, etc get really exposed in the playoffs.

I just don't see him as a player the Spurs go after at all. He doesn't do the little things/dirty work. He would make Pop go crazy. He doesn't fit the ethos of a Spurs guard at all. I also suspect they want to get players that will fit with Wemby longterm. Dlo would be a stopgap.
Yeah I agree he'd be a stopgap but that's kinda my whole point. Look at the contenders and how many stopgaps they had over the years. Do ppl remember the guys who used to be on the Nuggets?

D'Lo isn't stalling anything moving forward with Wemby longterm. I get he doesn't fit the overall Spurs culture but he doesn't need to because he won't be there when the real prime with Wemby happens anyways

I'm not even saying they need to hurry up and get D'Lo I just don't think it's gonna be the end of the world if they happened to acquire them like some folks think

D'Lo's goofiness isn't stunting Wemby's potential greatness

D-Lo slander reminds me of Dillon Brooks slander last year. DB was great on the rockets this year.

On a team with less expectations and a more defined role D-Lo will be better

eye have a take about the Orlando Magic but people might get upset
1714992449852.gif

You could add all the shooting & playmaking in the world but a team's ceiling will always be capped if its best player is a low volume, mid 30's% 3PT shooter.
I don't like a lot of the shots he takes. The "They need a PG" takes apply to the Magic for sure.

Attitude stinks and plays zero defense. If he can’t help the Lakers win big he can’t help anyone. He stunk in the playoffs. Do some of yall even look at statistics?

DloBlows 2024 Playoffs
Minutes up 4.7
Points down 3.8
Assists down 2.1
Rebounds down .3
Free throws down 32% (he shot 50% from the line)
3 Point percentage down 10%
FG% down 7%

He absolutely stunk it up.

He’s a frontrunner and mentally weak. My Spurs don’t need this dude. Send him to Portland, Detroit, PHX or Sacramento.

Dlo helped KAT and young Ant get the Wolves back into the playoffs. You don't want him long-term, but if you want to accomplish the next steps, he ain't bad at all.

I’m saying what PG are you taking right now in todays market that’s available without giving up to much. I still didn’t see an answer. I said Garland or Tyus Jones. You can say the defense is trash, they will get better under Pop.

You could add all the shooting & playmaking in the world but a team's ceiling will always be capped if its best player is a low volume, mid 30's% 3PT shooter.
Not even saying anything about banchero’s potential but:

Devin Booker
Jimmy butler

….

Giannis, Lebron and kawhi- ok it’s giannis lebron and and kawhi but still

D-Lo slander reminds me of Dillon Brooks slander last year. DB was great on the rockets this year.

On a team with less expectations and a more defined role D-Lo will be better

People who slandered Dillon were unfamiliar with his game. Those of us who actually pay attention knew he could ball. He’s always had good stats and excelled defensively and KNEW his role. 14pg 34% 3 and 80% FT … not shabby at all for his role

D-Lo thinks he’s something that he’s not.

Back
Top Bottom