The Official NBA Thread

Ehh they were picked at every level to lose these series though except for Minnesota last season. They ran through the suns. Ran through the lakers. Even after they figured something out at the end of game with Rui on Jokic. People picked the Heat to beat them. Then the lakers got them early like they wanted. Not ducking smoke

Can’t be both luck and people pick against them. They absolutely are shook right now though.

I said historically lucky from from a seeding perspective. Actually, when you look it up the 2023 nuggets literally did have the easiest run to a title in over 40 years:

20240507_091435.jpg

They went out there and they got it done, years from now nobody is going to ask about who they played or how they did it.

This does help to contextualize their championship run. Fans are so quick to anoint teams as the next dynasty. Maybe Denver was a very good team that went on a great title run but not a budding dynasty. That's perfectly fine.

The consensus about the Nuggets going into this season was that they lost depth in the offseason and it could be an issue for them in the post-season. That looks like it’s proving to be exactly right.

The heavy demands on their staters, along with Murray not being 100 percent is catching up to them against a team that’s build perfectly to exploit it and is also brimming with confidence after sweeping the Suns.

All that said, I’m going with the Nuggets in Game 3.
If the game was Wednesday I would go with Minnesota because of the momentum, but since game 3 is not until freaking Friday ima go with the Nuggets too. Gives them time to rest and adjust.

Murray made the money sign after a call he didn't like

Threw a towel at a ref from the bench

Then threw a heat pack

If he doesn't get suspended, they gotta give him a massive fine

I said historically lucky from from a seeding perspective. Actually, when you look it up the 2023 nuggets literally did have the easiest run to a title in over 40 years:

20240507_091435.jpg

They went out there and they got it done, years from now nobody is going to ask about who they played or how they did it.

This does help to contextualize their championship run. Fans are so quick to anoint teams as the next dynasty. Maybe Denver was a very good team that went on a great title run but not a budding dynasty. That's perfectly fine.
There have been 5 different champs over the last 5 years. Almost safe to say the dynasty days are over.

Outside of the mid range and the physical features I really dont see a ton of MJ similarities with Ant. I see more Wade. Maybe the build is just throwing me off, but Mike was skinny, graceful, agile, and quick as a cat. When I see Edwards he's more explosive, strong, and fast but I don't see the MJ movement patterns like how Kobe tried to do. However he is the closest thing to Mike out of this new era though. Especially with his attitude. We are just desperate for a new American face at this point lol. Let Ant be Ant.

He’s shutting me up for sure.

I was expecting more foul trouble moments and questionable shot selection from him like in past playoffs. He’s hooping.

The refs helped last night. Don't even think they'd have to call it tight for him to get that 1st foul within what?...3-4 minutes into the game when he barreled through Murray? That was an easy call any which way, but refs let em play...that's probably an understatement. :lol:

Wolves might change that narrative, if they can get there this year. Everybody is young in their prime, and except for KAT has limited injury histories.

McDaniels/Nickiel/Towns/Ant/Goober/Naz all under team control for the next season.

Wolves might change that narrative, if they can get there this year. Everybody is young in their prime, and except for KAT has limited injury histories.

McDaniels/Nickiel/Towns/Ant/Goober/Naz all under team control for the next season.
I have a strange feeling next year will be OKC. This year they're lack of playoff experience will show imo vs Dallas.

Wolves are flat out the better/deeper team, but I'm kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop. 2 games +50% efficiency and while they probably win last night regardless of that 1st quarter officiating, the inconsistencies we see from refs each game leaves me wondering what we'll see next. Because if they call it tight, the only way you can soften the Wolves defense will be foul trouble.

I can't remember the last time I've seen a team defensively motivated like the wolves were last night.

I still believe the nuggets will find a way to make this a series though

Back
Top Bottom