The Official NBA Thread

1715093873786.png
1715093820855.png

Ant game looks more like young Bron than MJ
I was thinking the same thing from a scoring standpoint. Bron and a lil KD with how 3 point happy he gets. But it makes sense cuz that was the GOAT's of his era. I honestly don't expect anyone that wasn't a 90's baby to really play like mike. We all copied his moves in the driveway. The walk, the reverse layups. These kids no nothing about that.

After the 60s Celtics run ended, dynasties have been the exception more than the rule, but for whatever reason sports fans like the idea of seeing a budding dynasty.

So there’s always going to be potential dynasty hype around a team that goes on a dominant post-season run featuring one of the best players in the game in his prime.

Happened with the Bucks in ‘21 with Giannis looking like the most dominant big since prime Shaq in the Finals.

But repeating is hard.

He's definitely his own player. But he gives us flashes of all those guys, Wade, Bron, MJ, Kob. But he's not exactly like any of them. But his playstyle gives us that old feel. He's literally millennials favorite young player for a reason lol. The NBA has changed so much, hes like a breathe of fresh air. Zion and Ja were the same for me before they crashed out (still a huge Zion fan though)

Absolutely not
the way he backs up to get a full head of steam and then he comes down and just uses his strength and speed is similar to lebron. Like a younger lebron. He doesnt have the same 1 foot rise though, but hes also way shorter.

There have been 5 different champs over the last 5 years. Almost safe to say the dynasty days are over.

You make a very good point here. For basically 40 years of NBA basketball we got used to seeing teams repeat as champions or at least go to the finals year after year:

- Lakers and Celtics in the '80s
- Jordans Bulls in the '90s
- Hakeem's Rockets going back to back in the '90s
- Kobe and shack Lakers three-peat
- Spurs going to the Finals and winning titles for an entire era
- Kobe and Pau Gasoline going to the finals 3 years in a row
- LeBron going to the Finals 8 straight years
- Warriors going to Finals 5 years in a row

So many of us were quick to assume that Denver would be right back in the Finals and would compete for championships every year for the foreseeable future. This just might not be the case anymore, especially with the new CBA making it more difficult to keep championship cores together for a long timr

It always amazes me the difference between the level of defense in the regular season playoffs. I can understand players playing much harder in the playoffs as opposed to the regular season but what I don't understand is why the game is officiated different.

The referees allow teams to play much tougher defense. Why is it this way? I watched a lot of other sports and the NBA's only sport like this. The NFL doesn't go "well it's the playoffs, we're not going to call holding as much as we did in the regular season".

It always amazes me the difference between the level of defense in the regular season playoffs. I can understand players playing much harder in the playoffs as opposed to the regular season but what I don't understand is why the game is officiated different.

The referees allow teams to play much tougher defense. Why is it this way? I watched a lot of other sports and the NBA's only sport like this. The NFL doesn't go "well it's the playoffs, we're not going to call holding as much as we did in the regular season".

League sent the memo during the All-Star break and the refs have followed through. Scores were looking like a parody the first four months of the season.

League sent the memo during the All-Star break and the refs have followed through. Scores were looking like a parody the first four months of the season.
Thats all they had to do. We are still getting great individual scoring performances too. Just eliminate the pump fake fouls and the expand the Trae young rule and we got a good product

Being strong >>>>

No coincidence with how they are calling it in the playoffs . You can see how the guys who take care of their body are rising .
Hali is having a hard time with the physicality of it as well.

Ant really puts it in your chest when he drives and posts up.
Brunson uses his strength to pin his defenders and pull up.

Also when JDub gives you that shoulder bump it’s over. Shai pushes off the lower body of the defender when he pulls up cause he gets so low and most ain’t ready for that.

Not trying to call them frauds or religislate their championship but Denver going 8 seed > 4 seed > 7 seed > 8 seed to win a title really is wild when you look back at it. That has to be the luckiest draw ever from a seeding standpoint, right?

Nuggets or anybody else for that matter can't control who they play.

They still have to go out and take care of those teams which they did.

It has been established throughout NBA history that luck plays an element in championship success.

Yanni entire trajectory could've been changed if PHA's shoe was a half size smaller.

Nets might've won IT all that year and PHA is still in Brooklyn.

Back
Top Bottom