The Official NBA Thread

Not game related but is it an indictment on newer Nike sigs that so many players continue to choose wearing older model Kobe's (V's this game) and KD's (IV's tonight) rather than new ones?

Not game related but is it an indictment on newer Nike sigs that so many players continue to choose wearing older model Kobe's (V's this game) and KD's (IV's tonight) rather than new ones?
I believe it's more about nostalgia than anything else. I don't think these guys are eager to wear the signature shoes of current players or some other none signature basketball joint.

Kudos to Kyrie man, he's absolutely looking fully engaged on both sides of the ball.

Never seen him play tenacious defense like this tbh :lol:, really great to watch
There's precedent from his Cavs days of him being engaged on defense come playoff time. Hasn't had much of an opportunity since he left Cleveland. :lol:

I don’t think so. Just think Kobe’s have a special meaning to them now that no other shoe really does.

And players have always like to rock “retros” to a degree ever since that became a thing. So guys in the league now who maybe wore KD’s as kids would see an appeal to wearing his old models.

Back
Top Bottom