The Official NBA Thread

Seen this discussion online today and was wondering about thoughts in here, would Shai and Brunson surpass Russ and Melo's respective legacies on their teams if they both reach the conference Finals?

He was frustrated with how the season ended but he didn't say anything wrong tbh :lol:. Jimmy's also not the type to take that sort of stuff to heart and pout or throw a fit over it instead of accepting the challenge.

They've got that sort of relationship and same with Spo, they can have blow ups and moments of frustration while still being willing to work together. All a part of the preaching accountability aspect of the 'culture'.

Riley's been old school so nothing he said should shock anyone. He had pointed words for Herro too and his availability issues.

NFL dudes aren’t tougher, their contracts aren’t guaranteed. Gotta toe that line.
Thats a great point. I played both until 11th grade, even tho ima hooper by heart. You got to have a different type of mindset to play high level football man. At least in texas. ****** is crazy. Some hoopers play crazy, but we are more tame compared to them football ******.

theres at least 82 games a year. You could love basketball all you want but im taking a game off here and there just to chill like any job

That was real off putting from Pat Riley to say the least.

But hey, they may have that type of relationship and Jimmy doesn't mind. But to do that publicly was completely unnecessary.

441452840_829819849180410_6202051133904589935_n.jpg
Should've been pic of actual wolf and chicken nuggets. Or a.i. image with a wolf ****ing some nuggets up

Pat wasn't wrong but I don't think anyone takes kindly to their boss trying to put them in their place publicly, athlete or not.

Jimmy does talk too much though :lol:

Pat Riley is probably the only guy who has the right to say something like that about their best player.

Doesn’t help the Clippers’ age problem, but I will allow a PG for Jimothy Bunyan trade situation. Maybe Heat CULTURE will finally help PG toughen up.

IF Jimmy or any other player did that to a coach/front office member/exec etc. their would be blowback.

I don't buy NBA guys being soft. Riley should've kept his mouth shut.
I don’t buy “just cause you won before” means you can publicly criticize guys too. Times have changed. Ask pop. Ask belichick.

Seen this discussion online today and was wondering about thoughts in here, would Shai and Brunson surpass Russ and Melo's respective legacies on their teams if they both reach the conference Finals?

Russ reached the finals and won MVP. So from an accomplishment standpoint, Shai has a ways to go.

Brunson should have already surpassed Melo in my humble opinion. the main thing I remember with Melo was the drama for him to land in New York and less about his "accomplishments" there. lol

Back
Top Bottom