The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Really liked the Vince Staples show. I felt like he could’ve done more with a bigger budget, but it was good.

I don’t really get the comparisons to Atlanta. To me, it felt like a black version of Curb Your Enthusiasm or something.

I tried with the Vince show. Especially since there was my neighborhoods all featured. But damb man, new shows just don't hit the mark. Low hanging fruit comedy and shallow plot lines I couldn't keep watching after the bank episode to see if it got better. I doubt it

I tried with the Vince show. Especially since there was my neighborhoods all featured. But damb man, new shows just don't hit the mark. Low hanging fruit comedy and shallow plot lines I couldn't keep watching after the bank episode to see if it got better. I doubt it
Yo I thought I was the only one a little disappointed. It wasn't bad but I have it lower than Atlanta and Dave for shows in that same lane.

Vince show was cool, definitely in that real/surreal territory, with a message at times like Atlanta so it will draw that comparison, but doesn't quite hit the mark.

havent started the vince staples show yet but i assume i'll get a kick out of it. dude really said the most underrated attraction in Long Beach is the county jail with a straight face :lol:

Big fan of Vince’s music and interviews. The show unfortunately was forgettable. Got some cheap laughs but that’s about it. I don’t know if Vince’s ideas are better conveyed through the over-the-topness of a South Side or more witty, dialogue driven humor like The Carmichael Show. Or maybe a sketch show?

I’ll definitely check for future work. Having access to Quinta and Kenya as mentors has him on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom