The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

I mean it's cool, it held my attention even tho I hate English dubbed live action shows.
And you WILL respeck The Mist. Show was great, wish there were more episodes

Thanks, I'll check out The Rain (seems like for the most part we've got the same taste in stuff) excluding The Mist...:lol: on that I'll just agree to disagree. I agree, English dubbed stuff is very hard to watch, most of the time. Even stuff I really enjoy like Dark & 3% drive me nuts. I typically like subtitles on, and everytime the subtitles don't even match the dubbing. :smh: I don't understand why they can't get better at dubbing stuff in this day and age. Speaking of dark can't wait for season 2. It seems like forever since season 1 dropped, need to do a rewatch before season 2 drops 6/21. :nthat:

I save "The Rain" season 2 to my list and look forward to watching in some more. Season 1 kept me interested. the foreign shows are cool to me for some reason.

Netflix Has 175 Days Left To Pull Off A Miracle... Or It's All Over

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F1065121660%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephe...ft-to-pull-off-a-miracle-or-its-all-over/amp/

Netflix management knows content is king. The company spent $12 billion developing original shows last year. It released 88% more original programming in 2018 than it did the previous year.

And spending on original shows and movies is expected to hit $15 billion this year.

It now invests more in content than any other American TV network.

To fund its new shows, Netflix is borrowing huge sums of debt. It currently owes creditors $10.4 billion, which is 59% more than it owed this time last year.

The problem is that no matter how much Netflix spends, it has no chance to catch up with its biggest rival…

Disney’s cable business has stagnated over the past seven years. But in about 175 days, Disney is set to launch its own streaming service called Disney+.

It’s going to charge $6.99/month—around $6 cheaper than Netflix.

And it’s pulling all its content off of Netflix.

This is a big deal.

Clearly, Disney is king of the blockbuster. Over the past six years, its average film has raked in $1.2 billion at the box office.

So Long Netflix…
Picture this…

Disney puts a blockbuster like Avengers Endgame on its platform the same day it opens in theaters.

After a few weeks it’s no longer in theaters. You can’t buy it. You can’t rent it. The only way to watch is to subscribe to Disney’s steaming service, Disney+.

For example, the only place your children or grandchildren will be able to see Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2 may be on Disney+.

Can you imagine how many parents will sign up for this? I’ll certainly be subscribing for my daughter.

At $6.99/month, what family with kids under 12 years wouldn’t subscribe?

Plus, Disney owns 60% of America’s second-largest and fastest-growing streaming service, Hulu.

Disney has shown it can produce movies and shows people want to watch. No competitor comes within 1,000 miles of Disney’s world of content.

Disney’s ownership of iconic franchises like Star Wars gives it something no money can buy.

Meanwhile, Netflix will lose a lot of its best content—and potentially millions of subscribers who switch to Disney+.

While Netflix is running into debt “trying out” new shows, Disney already has the best of the best in its arsenal.

Same, I still randomly check for a new season of Between and keep it on my list, but I highly doubt we'll ever get another. What's it been like 3 years? Is The Rain any good? I keep putting it off for something else, but for the longest I confused it for The Mist lol (which I thought was terrible).

The joint with Jennette McCurdy? Yeah, was a fan of that show. Doubt it'll be back.
I save "The Rain" season 2 to my list and look forward to watching in some more. Season 1 kept me interested. the foreign shows are cool to me for some reason.

I really liked season 1.

But, I kinda don't like how they went the "supernatural" route.

I'm about halfway through.

Gonna watch the new season episodes of Riverdale after.

Keeping Hulu for family guy

Only watch Netflix for a few old school movies

And awaiting stranger things and Lucifer season 5, but other than that, Netflix garbage

Nope. It’s gonna be family friendly. Guess they’ll throw all the other stuff on hulu.

That's Netflix lane, right there. IMO they should've never invested all that into original content. They should've stuck with the plan of being a stream video store.

I havent turned on Netflix in a minute. We just signed up for Hulu and I'm on a Blackish binge but that's only part of the reasoning.

I'll finish out the year with netflix but if I don't make more use of it by years end, it's gone for 2020.

Think the last thing I watched on there was the Abducted in Plain Sight joint. All the old sitcoms I'd watch on there I probably already have downloaded. Except friends, which comes on Nick at Nite.

Last edited:
Fios just gave me 2 years of free Netflix, and they bundled Hulu with my Sprint account so I’m ready for the streaming wars.

Will be subscribing to Disney+.

Watched the first part of The Hateful Eight extended edition last night, has anyone watched all parts yet? Is there much different from the original movie or is it just a little longer?

Watched the first part of The Hateful Eight extended edition last night, has anyone watched all parts yet? Is there much different from the original movie or is it just a little longer?

I haven't finished it yet, but it's supposed to be the roadshow version that has a few extra scenes in it. It actually works pretty well as an episodic series.

i got a kid. That's the main reason
and everything on netflix can be found on the firestick
i just like hulu cuz u can link the HBO to it also. and now with the live sports. much more worth it.
and Amazon Prime has all the thursday night games now too so thats being kept since i keep prime anyway

I don’t see how NETFLIX makes it.
They are going to get bought out.
They will have no choice.
Disney can bleed them to death.

This What/If looks lit.
The previews have me looking at Rene Selwinger with a chubby in my sweats. Might as well be pipeprint.

On it.

Back
Top Bottom