The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Looking for some suggestions on a TV series, fellas. I prefer something that is relatively light and easy to watch in the evenings with my wife after putting the kids to bed, but doesn't necessarily have to be a comedy. We have Netflix, Prime, and Disney+, but I can pretty much find anything on the Firestick. Here's a list of what we've watched so far this year, for reference:
Sweet Magnolias
Outer Banks
Good Girls
Sh*tt's Creek
The Morning Show
Tiger King
Never Have I Ever
Love Is Blind
You
Dead To Me
Little Fires Everywhere
Big Little Lies
Alexa & Katie
Defending Jacob
Dynasty
Kim's Convenience
Riverdale

My wife and I just finished season 4 (production cut short by COVID-19, BTW) and ready for new episodes tentatively scheduled for January 2021 (just resumed production this month). The whole series is completely wild, but season 3 was easily the most WTF and season 4 was alot better, IMO.

Have you checked out The Good Place? Good show and lots of LOLS.

Riverdale parallels Twin Peaks in some areas, but much darker and grown up than Riverdale. It's a good watch if you haven't seen it, it is an older show though and the OG seasons are on Netflix but you need Showtime to see the ***final*** season.

Looking for some suggestions on a TV series, fellas. I prefer something that is relatively light and easy to watch in the evenings with my wife after putting the kids to bed, but doesn't necessarily have to be a comedy. We have Netflix, Prime, and Disney+, but I can pretty much find anything on the Firestick.

It's on Netflix

I watched the first ep of the US version. Sure did get crazy in the last 20 min :lol:

Was not expecting those actions by that character.

Made me go and check out the UK one.

Do you need to have seen any other shows or movies prior to watching this? Or is it “standalone”?
I'd assume it functions as a standalone for the most part since the only other related material would be watching a 45 year old movie in One Flew Over the ****oo's Nest or reading the book.

Last edited:
PRIME finally came with some NEW, Original Content that I’m in on.

Time to find out who the Jessica Hyde is.

The fact they use a Theme Song similar to the first is fire. Music was key in the UK joint. RB was that dude.

Last edited:
Oh **** this is going to be good. Got th perfect cat to play Wilson Wilson. Edits are same as the OG, framing too. Music in the first few scenes is hitting. This is dope.....might smash it all b2b since PRIME did the right thing and dropped all 8eps

just watched the season finale of S2... this show is RIVETING

S3 gonna FUEGO
Crazy choice of words but you’re 100% right.
I’ve never seen Corniness pulled off.
This show would work without it but wouldn’t be true. It’s a Masterpiece. People start it and quit it because it is so corny, but you have to get passed that, I promise it works.

Thanks for the info about Ratchet. I haven’t seen One Flew Over The ****oo’s Nest and I wasn’t sure if that was a requirement or not. Will check it out. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom